Quality laminate.... baritones or tenors?

igorthebarbarian

Reaction score
I live in Arizona and I prefer laminates for the simple fact that I am lazy and don't want to worry about my ukes cracking. So I've had a few quality laminate ukes over a few years.

The top quality ones, like the Famous ones (FS-5G, FS-1G, FS-0G) that I have are really nice; Famous is Kiwaya's lesser Japanese-only line I believe. The Martin OXK is great too. I've had a Risa solid as well. Also a couple of Flea's. Those are all nice and solid and high-quality, but they're all generally soprano sized.

Is there anything out there in high quality laminate baritones, or tenors? It seems they're all focused on sopranos.

Also, I should mention that I do not like the thicker Flea-like necks/square necks. I prefer them skinnier, more tapered (if that makes sense).

Thanks everyone!

*Edit - I'm well aware of the awesomeness of the Blackbird lineup between the Carbon Fiber Tenor and the Clara Concert. I would love both of those but they're probably just a little too rich for my blood.*

Koaloha and Kanilea's import lines have pretty nice tenors. not up to Kiwaya standards, but I have an Islander tenor and it;s pretty nice.

Top Bottom