Aldrine required to play guitar in new record deal...NO UKULELE

ukulelefatman

Reaction score
Honolulu : In other news from the islands, Kauai's up and coming sensation Aldrine Guerrero has signed a two album deal with Capitol Records. We spoke with Capitol's Mitch Harbinger about what to expect from the new partnership. "We plan to vitalize and grow Aldrine's popularity on a major scale, we'll be moving in a more mainstream direction incorporating dance as well as concentrating on his guitar talents to attract a wider audience"

:eek: What is this dance stuff about?

:smileybounce:polka anybody?:smileybounce:

Sounds cool though, dude's got skillz. I'm sure whatever instrumentation he uses or whatever genere, it'll be righteous.

Cant wait to see Aldrines new Krump (hope I spelled that right :D) Dance Video.:shaka:

Hope he doesnt get too big to hang out with us here in UU :(

Last edited:
Cant wait to see Aldrines new Krunk (hope I spelled that right :D) Dance Video.:shaka:

Hope he doesnt get too big to hang out with us here in UU :(

I believe it's "Krump"

Urban Dictionary ;)

Honolulu : In other news from the islands, Kauai's up and coming sensation Aldrine Guerrero has signed a two album deal with Capitol Records. We spoke with Capitol's Mitch Harbinger about what to expect from the new partnership. "We plan to vitalize and grow Aldrine's popularity on a major scale, we'll be moving in a more mainstream direction incorporating dance as well as concentrating on his guitar talents to attract a wider audience"

We asked Mr. Harbinger if we could expect to see Aldrine's talent on the ukulele to be showcased on either album." We intend to put the ukulele aside for now, we realize it's appeal in the islands but our intention is to get this young talent popularized on the mainland as well as on the islands"

What kind of crazy day is this?

Does this mean no more Weekly lesson??? :(
I do feel like Aldrine would never leave his UU life behind and if so...it shall be a sad sad day...

Hey, if this is what Aldrine wants to do, respect it. He's played guitar on youtube a few times and definitely has the talent. I'd be sad to see him turn away from this huge uke movement he helped create, but that's up to him.

And you didn't think UU could contain him forever, did you? He's a burning fireball of talent. Puremar... I mean Aaron could continue the video lessons. Haha. But then he's probably going to get swept away by a record label too.

Hey, if this is what Aldrine wants to do, respect it. He's played guitar on youtube a few times and definitely has the talent. I'd be sad to see him turn away from this huge uke movement he helped create, but that's up to him.

And you didn't think UU could contain him forever, did you? He's a burning fireball of talent. Puremar... I mean Aaron could continue the video lessons. Haha. But then he's probably going to get swept away by a record label too.

Meh I think the guitar choice was mainly from the record company...but what do i know lol and i have seen some of those videos of him playing guitar, they seem to be on his old account? and I think we all knew the day would come when Aldrine or as his new Stage name will be Alddy G got discovered I think everyone of us here is gonna hate letting him go, but all know it was bound to happen lol he is just too talented lol at least i can say i knew him before he was famous hahaha. Well to go more along with the thread topic(sorry eric lol) I agree I really hope there is at least SOME uke collaborated into his new album. =)
Cant wait for the Tour Aldrine!!! Maybe finally I will get to see you and Jake play together like iv been asking forever! haha or Jason Mraz? i can see yal making a CD together haha.

-One of your many fans Aldrine, Seth

The antics have begun already?! And it's only 7:45 pm in Hawaii! Haha.

But nah, no worries. Aldrine is pretty good on guitar too. He just doesn't make too many videos of him on guitar...the one that stands out in my mind is his CMJ vid. But he's actually rather good on the "big ukulele"

Aldrine is a beast on the guitar! i should have let him sign my strat, but im still holding out for Clapton.. some day i tell you! haha!

Well... You know what they say - APRIL showers bring May flowers. Sounds like this day is the FIRST day of the rest of Aldrine's life. Don't be sad that he has to start his new career on guitar - he'd be a FOOL to allow the record company to keep him away from the uke forever!

Haha. tjf, I forgot it was April Fools day, and the topic starter didn't post a source.

Top Bottom