Shame to see all of Aldrine's content gone

Noob

Reaction score
It's unfortunate that due to the new contract all of A.G's vids are now inaccessible. I'm very happy for Aldrine - it seems that after all the hard work he put into helping out the UU that he's getting his just reward for his incredible talent. It's just too bad that a record label wouldn't be more open to leaving content like his lessons available. There's really only an upside to it. It's the whole reason I'm an A.G fan in the first place.

I could understand not allowing any new vids to be put up, but to remove all the pre-contract content seems a real shame to me - and not very well thought out.

Good luck Aldrine - I look forward to your first major label release.
Jay

I just watched Rayan do Uke Lesson 16. He's pretty good. Can't help but laugh a bit though. I'm just not used to seeing him doing the lessons. It's pretty much like Aldrine's... except it's Rayan.

It sucks big time that all the old lesson's are gone. Hopefully April fools??? Hope so.

Good job with the lesson Rayan!

Hope so

I did wonder about that - it seemed a lot of work for a gag, but I'd be happy if that was the case. :)

And yes, good job Rayan

I should add that Rayan did a great job with the lesson. Haven't been through the whole thing yet but it started well. Thanks for stepping up.

If it is april fools they got me. I doubt it is though due to this not being the first mention his being signed. I think the UU staff is working to get the AG, I can type his name though this is a forum (Jack Johnson), videos to be legal by removing any mention or likeness of Aldrine. It miy have a blurred face but the content will still be their to learn from and we will know who it is.

Anyway Congrats to Aldrine, I hope for your sake it is not April Fools. Good luck with all you future endeavers. Don't forget all us here ar UU and stop bye once and a while.

it will be interesting (if this truly is not an april fool's joke) to see how this pans out. youtube is still relatively a new phenomenon, so it makes it interesting to see how new contracts are drawn up, especially in terms of licensing one's name and likeness. i am by no means a contract lawyer, but for a contract to go "retroactive" and all encompassing on prior productions reeks of fish sauce and jokes.

it will be interesting (if this truly is not an april fool's joke) to see how this pans out. youtube is still relatively a new phenomenon, so it makes it interesting to see how new contracts are drawn up, especially in terms of licensing one's name and likeness. i am by no means a contract lawyer, but for a contract to go "retroactive" and all encompassing on prior productions reeks of fish sauce and jokes.

I am a contracts lawyer, and I think it's a dumb idea. Not allowing him to do any more of them is one thing - but removing all of the content and his affilliation with UU is not only stupid, it's a slap in the face to his main fan base.

but for a contract to go "retroactive" and all encompassing on prior productions reeks of fish sauce and jokes.

I thought about that and artists go and sign with new lables all the time and the old label still has rights to the work they did while signed with them. Isn't K-town Heros productions entitled to the work he did while working with them?

My money is on this whole thing being a joke... Never trust anything you read on the internets on April Fool's Day.

I very much hope that it is an April fools! I'm pretty sure I heard Aldrine laughing in the background whenever Rayan screwed upon in the outtakes of the latest lesson. Luckily I backed up pretty much every video Aldrine made just in case.

I'll have to go check-out Rayan's hat. As for Aldrine's contract, I'll MYOB.

Well, it's no joke! Just tried to access one of the lessons from the comprehensive thread and this is what I got. It is indeed a sad day for UU . . .

FireShotcapture47-UkuleleLesson14-U.jpg

Well, it's no joke! Just tried to access one of the lessons from the comprehensive thread and this is what I got. It is indeed a sad day for UU . . .

FireShotcapture47-UkuleleLesson14-U.jpg

well, they are still on viddler, they only linked all the vids on UU with that "notice" video. go to their viddler page and you'll find all of them... plus all of Aldrine's videos are still on YT.

And I definitely did hear him laugh in those outtakes too...

Top Bottom