PDA

View Full Version : Shame to see all of Aldrine's content gone

Noob
04-01-2009, 06:36 AM
It's unfortunate that due to the new contract all of A.G's vids are now inaccessible. I'm very happy for Aldrine - it seems that after all the hard work he put into helping out the UU that he's getting his just reward for his incredible talent. It's just too bad that a record label wouldn't be more open to leaving content like his lessons available. There's really only an upside to it. It's the whole reason I'm an A.G fan in the first place.

I could understand not allowing any new vids to be put up, but to remove all the pre-contract content seems a real shame to me - and not very well thought out.

Good luck Aldrine - I look forward to your first major label release.
Jay

ukeatan
04-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Mmmmmm..... April Fools much today? ;)

jimijUKEbox
04-01-2009, 06:58 AM
I just watched Rayan do Uke Lesson 16. He's pretty good. Can't help but laugh a bit though. I'm just not used to seeing him doing the lessons. It's pretty much like Aldrine's... except it's Rayan.

It sucks big time that all the old lesson's are gone. Hopefully April fools??? Hope so.

Good job with the lesson Rayan!

Noob
04-01-2009, 07:01 AM
I did wonder about that - it seemed a lot of work for a gag, but I'd be happy if that was the case. :)

Noob
04-01-2009, 07:02 AM
I should add that Rayan did a great job with the lesson. Haven't been through the whole thing yet but it started well. Thanks for stepping up.

Captain Google
04-01-2009, 07:04 AM
I did wonder about that - it seemed a lot of work for a gag, but I'd be happy if that was the case. :)

When it comes to April Fools', it's never too much effort.

dnewton2
04-01-2009, 07:12 AM
If it is april fools they got me. I doubt it is though due to this not being the first mention his being signed. I think the UU staff is working to get the AG, I can type his name though this is a forum (Jack Johnson), videos to be legal by removing any mention or likeness of Aldrine. It miy have a blurred face but the content will still be their to learn from and we will know who it is.

Anyway Congrats to Aldrine, I hope for your sake it is not April Fools. Good luck with all you future endeavers. Don't forget all us here ar UU and stop bye once and a while.

04-01-2009, 07:16 AM
it will be interesting (if this truly is not an april fool's joke) to see how this pans out. youtube is still relatively a new phenomenon, so it makes it interesting to see how new contracts are drawn up, especially in terms of licensing one's name and likeness. i am by no means a contract lawyer, but for a contract to go "retroactive" and all encompassing on prior productions reeks of fish sauce and jokes.

Captain Google
04-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Keep in mind, even the biggest lies can be based on a grain of truth.

Oswegan
04-01-2009, 07:27 AM
it will be interesting (if this truly is not an april fool's joke) to see how this pans out. youtube is still relatively a new phenomenon, so it makes it interesting to see how new contracts are drawn up, especially in terms of licensing one's name and likeness. i am by no means a contract lawyer, but for a contract to go "retroactive" and all encompassing on prior productions reeks of fish sauce and jokes.

I am a contracts lawyer, and I think it's a dumb idea. Not allowing him to do any more of them is one thing - but removing all of the content and his affilliation with UU is not only stupid, it's a slap in the face to his main fan base.

hoosierhiver
04-01-2009, 07:29 AM
So who's got the line on the bootleg dvd? ;)

dnewton2
04-01-2009, 07:36 AM
but for a contract to go "retroactive" and all encompassing on prior productions reeks of fish sauce and jokes.

I thought about that and artists go and sign with new lables all the time and the old label still has rights to the work they did while signed with them. Isn't K-town Heros productions entitled to the work he did while working with them?

beeejums
04-01-2009, 07:42 AM
My money is on this whole thing being a joke... Never trust anything you read on the internets on April Fool's Day.

Jimmy
04-01-2009, 07:49 AM
All I know is Rayan's hat is way better.

upskydowncloud
04-01-2009, 07:53 AM
I very much hope that it is an April fools! I'm pretty sure I heard Aldrine laughing in the background whenever Rayan screwed upon in the outtakes of the latest lesson. Luckily I backed up pretty much every video Aldrine made just in case.

Renaissance-Man
04-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I'll have to go check-out Rayan's hat. As for Aldrine's contract, I'll MYOB.

Kanaka916
04-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Well, it's no joke! Just tried to access one of the lessons from the comprehensive thread and this is what I got. It is indeed a sad day for UU . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/hawhyen51/FireShotcapture47-UkuleleLesson14-U.jpg

HaileISela
04-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Well, it's no joke! Just tried to access one of the lessons from the comprehensive thread and this is what I got. It is indeed a sad day for UU . . .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/hawhyen51/FireShotcapture47-UkuleleLesson14-U.jpg

well, they are still on viddler, they only linked all the vids on UU with that "notice" video. go to their viddler page and you'll find all of them... plus all of Aldrine's videos are still on YT.

And I definitely did hear him laugh in those outtakes too...

Jimmy
04-01-2009, 08:08 AM
And I definitely did hear him laugh in those outtakes too...

I thought Aaron had a girly laugh?

Hobgoblin Steve
04-01-2009, 08:22 AM
only nine and a half hours to go....

bbycrts
04-01-2009, 08:30 AM
There is NEVER such a thing as too much work when it comes to pulling off a good prank. The videos will be back. I'm betting Adrine has the contract - AND will be back at midnight tonight.

rayan
04-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Trying to get Aldrine on the site tomorrow to make an official statement...

dnewton2
04-01-2009, 09:14 AM

Don't you mean A.G.?

buddhuu
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Some things just ain't funny.

At all.

Regardless of whether they're truth or gag. Not funny. SO not funny.

slapbass
04-01-2009, 09:47 AM
If its a gag my hats off to you..If not Im bummed..Being a new member I just started watching those videos and have learned some cool new tricks..

uber_goober
04-01-2009, 09:53 AM
I'll jump in here with the common thought too, amusing if it's a joke...not too good for the site if it's for real.

However since all videos are still up on youtube and viddler...I'm voting joke.

-John

Captain Google
04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Some things just ain't funny.

At all.

Regardless of whether they're truth or gag. Not funny. SO not funny.

Let me know if you find a gag that fits that description. ;) :D

buddhuu
04-01-2009, 10:25 AM
LOL... Any gag I tell fits it!

Aw, but some stuff is too scary to be funny. Like this for example!

ebrian
04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
New member here, and have been using the videos almost exclusively to learn to play...

My vote goes to the cruel, cruel joke!.. Some of us have to practice!:rolleyes:

upskydowncloud
04-01-2009, 10:53 AM

This CAN'T be real!

tickle_pants
04-01-2009, 11:16 AM
maybe its a good excuse to have wednesday afternoon off?
Or if it isn't a aprill fools day joke, isn't it a bit mean of the record company to demand that all likeness and names are remove - a bit ruthless?
well I say "boo" to you mean old record company, removing one of our favorite people from easy access.
But never mind live goes on
Rayan - why haven't i heard you sing before - really nice voice
Becky

Captain Google
04-01-2009, 11:28 AM
maybe its a good excuse to have wednesday afternoon off?
Or if it isn't a aprill fools day joke, isn't it a bit mean of the record company to demand that all likeness and names are remove - a bit ruthless?
well I say "boo" to you mean old record company, removing one of our favorite people from easy access.
But never mind live goes on
Becky

He must have signed up with WMG, thinking it was someone else.

Those bastards... :mad:

deach
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Becky

one word - xbox

Luna
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
It's a joke.

There'd be more of an explanation, and all of the videos would really be deleted. Also, that's the silliest contract I've ever head of. By forbidding anyone to use his image or his name, they're basically just throwing away massive amounts of free publicity. And is it even possible to own a real person's name and image? It's not a character or a drawing, but an actual person. Otherwise, celebrities and their companies would do the same thing with themselves and paparazzi/tabloids would be illegal. I don't know for sure, but this doesn't seem plausible to me. And there was never a company name given. (I suppose this could be explained, though.) Plus, he notice would have been more solemn than "sorry for the inconvenience, keep strummin' and have a good day."

But most of all, it's April 1st! Don't believe anything you read until tomorrow.

So I don't think anybody should worry. Really. It just seems beyond highly unlikely, especially considering the date.

Nightswimmming
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
pleease aldrine don't leave..

Captain Google
04-01-2009, 12:23 PM
And is it even possible to own a real person's name and image?

Yes. Have you ever seen pictures of Betty Crocker? I doubt it. :D

upskydowncloud
04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Yes. Have you ever seen pictures of Betty Crocker? I doubt it. :D

Fox own Nancy Cartwright's Bart Simpson voice, so yes!

EDIT: That was meant to be in response to the thread before then but it misquoted for some reason. You can own most stuff it seems.

salukulady
04-01-2009, 01:57 PM
I suppose my daughter will be required to destroy the ukulele A.G. signed for her. It's almost impossible to remove sharpie....."Go get the hammer, Honey and light the fireplace"..........

kealoha
04-01-2009, 02:08 PM
if this is a joke, they really got me...jus wonderin...was that aldrine laughing in the background at the end

Link
04-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Haha. this is awesome.

For those of you who are freaking out.. look at the calendar :)

khrome
04-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I lol-ed at the pink triangles. Good one, Anaka (if you really do exist.) :)

haole
04-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm cracking up at all the uke minutes with Aldrine's face blurred and his name blanked out. Oh my god. :rotfl:

UkeNinja
04-01-2009, 03:18 PM
My heart aches that we may never be one-on-one cool again with TAFKAAG, aka the Ariginal Gangster.

On the good side, Rayon's DUU XDDDX XU DD XUDUXX XUD UXDUD UDU UDUD DU strumming pattern sure beats that stale DUDDUDUXXXUUDDUD thing the other other instuctor used to keep selling us. The dawning of a new age, and let us praise it.

haolejohn
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=Luna;112238]It's a joke.

There'd be more of an explanation, and all of the videos would really be deleted. Also, that's the silliest contract I've ever head of. By forbidding anyone to use his image or his name, they're basically just throwing away massive amounts of free publicity. And is it even possible to own a real person's name and image? It's not a character or a drawing, but an actual person. QUOTE]

Remember Prince? Or the artist formally known as Prince?

Also someone else talked about previous talk of contract and most people wouldn't go through so much trouble. I had a co-worker that spent the last month setting up all of us with his prank today. IT was funny for the amount of people that believed him.

bbycrts
04-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Remember Prince? Or the artist formally known as Prince?

I heard that too! He has legally changed his name to a somewhat androgynous symbol that vaguely resembles a ukulele crossed with a rooster... We now have to refer to him as "the artist formerly known as Aldrine Guerrero" which is why the record company is requiring his name to be removed from everything...

Russian_Dingo
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I heard that too! He has legally changed his name to a somewhat androgynous symbol that vaguely resembles a ukulele crossed with a rooster... We now have to refer to him as "the artist formerly known as Aldrine Guerrero" which is why the record company is requiring his name to be removed from everything...

:eek: !lolbant

Dino
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM

rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

purplemonkeylounge
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Tears fell down, up, chunk, up, down from my eyes when I heard the news.

I say, beans. I'll be watching Aldrine again tomorrow. The best April Fools joke of the day. UU produced the videos and would retain the those copyrights. At least, that's my guess.

Be good,
Jon

RON<>VA
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
I'm going with the April Fools theory simply because I don't believe Aldrine would agree to sign a contract that would strip him of the very heart and soul of that which he has been so close to for so long, his UU family. I don't believe it!

Link
04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
You should be going with the April Fools theory because... it's April Fools day. Lol.

Gaby
04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
It's 2nd of April here, and still no content. Just to fuel the debate...what if the contract was regarding an instructional DVD, then you would remove those videos wouldn't you?

But to remove all references would be a silly idea in any case from a marketing point of view.

A.G. should indeed reap all the rewards for what he has done for the ukulele community though.

Captain Google
04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
It's 2nd of April here, and still no content.

The site runs on Hawaii time. ;)

ka0tikguy
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
haha i was just about to mention that they run on hawaii time. live lessons and stuff are HST. so i guess were waiting for april 2nd HST like we would for the new year. start counting down. 4 more hrs till the ball drops.

Weasel
04-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm new to the site and the uke (about a little over a week now) and I have definately learned basically everything from...A.G.?...Aldrine?

Anyway, just wanted to throw out, man Rayan, great voice!
In other words, the world spins, and as it does, bad stuff happens. Make the best of it.

gotrice415510
04-01-2009, 08:43 PM
i just saw the blurred AG and its the funniest thing ive ever seen.... its just so ridiculous

khrome
04-01-2009, 09:17 PM

It's true! I just heard from a friend that works at the Kauai County court house that AG submitted the paperwork. His name is now

http://www.eccentricus.net/khrome/images/artistformallyknownasAG.jpg

And that his sponsor just finished his custom uke:

http://www.eccentricus.net/khrome/images/AGcustom.jpg

mmanalo
04-01-2009, 09:30 PM
If this is true..I don't mean to sound out of hand! But this sucks Donkey testacles, it's stupid that they would make him take down all his hard work. I mean c'mon it's just some fricken lessons and couple uke minute vids! I'm happy for Aldrine, I just hope it was worth all this trouble! Good luck Aldrine, and I hope you continue to be blessed as you have blessed many with your talent!

Russian_Dingo
04-01-2009, 10:52 PM
It's true! I just heard from a friend that works at the Kauai County court house that AG submitted the paperwork. His name is now

Is it me, or does that uke look photoshopped?*sarcasms*
No, but really is it?

Aldrine Guerrero
04-01-2009, 11:48 PM
LOL
it's been fun but *ahem*
http://ukuleleunderground.com/2009/04/01/april-fools/

buddhuu
04-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Oh yeah, laugh it up when you get the medical bills for my stomach ulcer and heart attack, uke boy. :p

buddhuu
04-02-2009, 12:02 AM
On the other hand, thank f*ck for that. How would we have managed without you?

Cruel, too cruel.

Meh, on the other hand. Maybe it backfired... Now everyone wants Rayan to do the lessons. Maybe he'll fire you! :p:biglaugh:

:shaka:

grappler
04-02-2009, 12:16 AM
LOL
glad your still here aldrine

bbycrts
04-02-2009, 05:05 AM

:rotfl:

Brilliant...just brilliant!

Noob
04-02-2009, 06:45 AM
All is well with the world again.

SuperSecretBETA
04-02-2009, 07:38 AM
Could someone link me to the blurred Aldrine stuff? I wasn't on much yesterday. I knew there was a joke, but I didn't explore the whole thing to see how far it went until just now.

lacerveza
04-02-2009, 08:17 AM
aldrine and rayan are NAUGHTY!!