PDA

View Full Version : Newest UU Members

Kanaka916
04-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Hey all! Please welcome our newest members; Bosko and Honey . . .
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112029&postcount=1017

upskydowncloud
04-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Welcome to the UU! Quite a few impressive people joining recently!

hoosierhiver
04-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Their Ukulele World Tour videos are Da BOMB!

UKISOCIETY
04-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the UU! Quite a few impressive people joining recently!

Haven't you heard? All the cool kids are doing it!

Ahnko Honu
04-01-2009, 08:17 AM
E KOMO MAI, YOOKOSO, WELCOME!

http://www.ukulele.spots.com.au/index.php?pid=10139
http://www.ukulele.spots.com.au/uploads/IMG_0734_3.jpg

ukantor
04-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Welcome to UU, Bosko & Honey! It is great to see you here.

Your old Mate, John (Fluff) Colter.

Calling myself "Ukantor" over here.

sukie
04-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Welcome to UU!

khrome
04-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Welcome! :D

seeso
04-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Welcome to UU! Glad you've finally joined, guys. :D

http://i43.tinypic.com/1z23wk2.jpg

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
04-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Aloha and welcome!
With all these celebs joining lately, a cover charge is probably just around the corner

Jimmy
04-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Oh wow, I love Bosko and Honey!

Pretty soon they'll regret not joining sooner!

deach
04-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Sweet! When are you coming back to Virginia?

Kanaka916
04-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Here's a reply from the Introduce Yourself thread;
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112277&postcount=1024

Bosko and Honey
04-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Aw, thanks everyone!!
We would've joined sooner but when we were travelling there wasn't enough time to be active... now that we're back in Oz and doing lots of editing for the Safari videos (and staying at home a lot to save money for another trip :D) there's plenty of hours spent on the computer!
Thanks heaps for your warm welcome, UU!!:bowdown:

Bosko and Honey
04-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Sweet! When are you coming back to Virginia?
Are you in Virginia Deach? Can't say when, but we will one day - we gotta if you're there!:D

Captain Google
04-01-2009, 02:42 PM
I don't know how I managed to not hear of you guys until today! I was certainly missing out!

Thank goodness for the "recommended for you" box. :cool:

deach
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Are you in Virginia Deach? Can't say when, but we will one day - we gotta if you're there!:D

Yes, very close to Dulles Airport.

deach
04-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I don't know how I managed to not hear of you guys until today! .....

hmmmmm ironic coming from someone with Google in his name.

Captain Google
04-01-2009, 03:05 PM

That close? Small world, ain't it? Dulles is about an hour from where I live! :eek:

Yeah, I forget the Google thing a lot.

bg031
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
:bowdown:

Just wanna say welcome too!

SailQwest
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Welcome to UU! I love you two!!! :love:

Ahnko Honu
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
What I like best about you guys when you look into each other's eyes while playing and there's a sparkle, a spark between you two which makes watching your performance even more enjoyable. I'm just a hopeless romantic (emphasis on hopeless) who admires your chemistry.

SuperSecretBETA
04-01-2009, 06:44 PM
boskohoney always cheer me up. :)

Bosko and Honey
04-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks again everyone!
Captain Google - it's a big ol' ukulele world out there! We're always coming across uke players we don't know...
bg031 - thanks for the welcome, but you can get up now!:)
SailQuest - aw, thank you! You guys are great and must have one of the best lifestyles going!
Ahnko - that's very nice of you to say so, and we can guarantee that we're not pretending all the time!:D But seriously, thank you for making us feel so welcome!
SuperSecretBETA - hearing that cheers us up!

buddhuu
04-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Yeh, welcome! :)

beeejums
04-02-2009, 01:42 AM

I just applied for a job teaching in Fairfax...

I'm so gonna stalk deach (if I get the job)

14twelve
04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Welcome Bosko and Honey! Great to see you here on the forum!

Captain Google
04-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Captain Google - it's a big ol' ukulele world out there! We're always coming across uke players we don't know...

True, but I never thought I lived within moderate driving distance of the infamous Deach. :eek:

Also, I'm so jealous of you, with all the ukers you've met. Guys like MAX The Ukulele Punk Rocker! Man, you're so lucky. I've met a total of one uker, and I didn't know he played at the time.

Well, I also got my cousin started on the uke, but that's another story.

Bosko and Honey
04-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm so jealous of you, with all the ukers you've met. Guys like MAX The Ukulele Punk Rocker! Man, you're so lucky. I've met a total of one uker, and I didn't know he played at the time.
Yeah, we feel pretty lucky to be able to have done so much traveling! We contacted Max through YouTube, and now we're good friends! Actually, that's happened a lot - knowing someone through YouTube and then meeting... it's a very groovy thing!:cool:

14twelve - thanks! It's nice to meet you here!:)

Ahnko Honu
04-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Ahnko - that's very nice of you to say so, and we can guarantee that we're not pretending all the time!:D But seriously, thank you for making us feel so welcome!

Be wonderful to meet you guys one day if not here then maybe in OZ. My Dad passed thru Oz during WWII on his way north to the fighting in New Guinea, and the Philippines, worked side by side with Aussies and has nothing but praise for Aussies. Tell Honey Ahnko Honu translates to Kame no Jijii. ;)

Bosko and Honey
04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Tell Honey Ahnko Honu translates to Kame no Jijii. ;)
Honey says - Is that "Old Man Turtle"? Hope I got it right!:o

There is a lot of infrastructure around Cairns that was built by the Americans during the war... the Kennedy Highway for one, that goes past Kuranda where we live! It led to an air base on the tablelands in Mareeba I think.
Also there are some great old oil tanks from the war - ENORMOUS ones - that have been converted into performance spaces for music... it's one of the best venues around: called "The Tanks Art Centre"...amazing acoustics!

Well, if you can't make it to Oz (and it'd be great if you could;)), we'll make sure to get in touch when we come to Hawaii! It'd be nice to meet you too:D

Ahnko Honu
04-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Honey says - Is that "Old Man Turtle"? Hope I got it right!:o

There is a lot of infrastructure around Cairns that was built by the Americans during the war... the Kennedy Highway for one, that goes past Kuranda where we live! It led to an air base on the tablelands in Mareeba I think.
Also there are some great old oil tanks from the war - ENORMOUS ones - that have been converted into performance spaces for music... it's one of the best venues around: called "The Tanks Art Centre"...amazing acoustics!

Well, if you can't make it to Oz (and it'd be great if you could;)), we'll make sure to get in touch when we come to Hawaii! It'd be nice to meet you too:D

I know my Dad was in Cairns before heading north, wish I could ask him about the tanks, I'm sure he'd know about them, sadly he passed away in June of 2007. GREAT peace time use for them now!
I guess Kame no Ojisan is probably more accurate though I can be a real "Oni Jijii" sometimes, just ask my wife. :D

Captain Google
04-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Yeah, we feel pretty lucky to be able to have done so much traveling! We contacted Max through YouTube, and now we're good friends! Actually, that's happened a lot - knowing someone through YouTube and then meeting... it's a very groovy thing!:cool:

Maybe someday I'll have the pleasure of meeting you myself.

I might wanna start puttin' up some uke videos first, though. ^^;

UKISOCIETY
04-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe someday I'll have the pleasure of meeting you myself.

I might wanna start puttin' up some uke videos first, though. ^^;

Anytime, my friend, anytime! :)

lacerveza
04-03-2009, 11:57 AM
bosko is a lucky bastard i wish i had a honey
edit: sorry that sounds cheauvanistic,like you can own a woman.is cheauvanistic actually a real word, is that how its spelt.

ricdoug
04-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the Underground, Bosco and Honey! Ric

UkEdman90
04-03-2009, 12:29 PM
bosko is a lucky bastard i wish i had a honey
edit: sorry that sounds cheauvanistic,like you can own a woman.is cheauvanistic actually a real word, is that how its spelt.

spelled chauvinistic

:D. damn English major haha

RON<>VA
04-03-2009, 12:34 PM
We are delighted to have you join our UU family.

And I'm with deach, come to Virginia. After all, it 'is for Lovers!'

Ahnko Honu
04-03-2009, 01:10 PM
We are delighted to have you join our UU family.

And I'm with deach, come to Virginia. After all, it 'is for Lovers!'

That explains why deach is so frolicsome. ;)

Bosko and Honey
04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Ahnko Honu - Didn't want to revive this thread, so we replied on your profile... didn't work tho!:o
Captain Google - When we come to Virginia again, why not meet up?
lacerveza - You're right, Bosko is a lucky b......:D
ricdoug - Thanks, Rik! ;)
RON<>VA - Thanks, it's really nice to be here! For lovers, eh? Virginia's got a lot going for it!

Captain Google
04-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Captain Google - When we come to Virginia again, why not meet up?

It would be an honour. :shaka:

RON<>VA
04-03-2009, 06:24 PM
That explains why deach is so frolicsome. ;)

deach would be frolicsome regardless of what state he was in, mental or geographical. :)

deach
04-04-2009, 01:52 AM
deach would be frolicsome regardless of what state he was in, mental or geographical. :)

lolz. Virginia is for the Frolicsome.