Kingston ukulele

UkEdman90

Reaction score
anyone ever heard of this company?? im looking into buying this vintage koa uke from a guy near my house. not sure what year it was made. he wants 110 obo so i cant pass it up! here is a pic:

CIMG0306.jpg

let me know!! thanks

Is that a plastic fretboard? It looks allot like my Mahogany Roy Smeck, at least from that photo it doesn't look like Koa wood. Harmony who made the Roy Smeck also made ukuleles for dozens of other labels and this looks like a Harmony. That being said my solid Mahogany Roy Smeck don't sound half bad and worth more than the $30 I paid 10 years ago. Check if the bridge is plastic too.

According to Tiki King's Ukulele Database:
I have seen at least two different Kingston branded Ukuleles. one, Made in Chicago, Circa 1960's, and another Made in Japan circa 1970's
I've had a couple ukes with that same sort of screw-on plastic fingerboard and never paid more than $50 including shipping.

They can be decent little players, but for only $19 more than this guy is asking you can get an Ohana SK-20S which has a real fretboard and a solid mahogany top.

anyone ever heard of this company?? im looking into buying this vintage koa uke from a guy near my house. not sure what year it was made. he wants 110 obo so i cant pass it up! here is a pic:

CIMG0306.jpg

let me know!! thanks

I used to own one. It's mahogany - maybe. Definitely NOT koa! Sounded clunky and cheap. Stay away!

Kinda reminds me of One Ho'.

ah, good timezzz.

Top Bottom