Tuner talk... Ant Hill Deluxe Friction Tuners

ukuleleden

Reaction score
I recently posted of my new Soprano Brüko #5 Special that I purchased used from Elderly Instruments ( http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...prano-quot-Special-quot&p=1772886#post1772886 ). It came outfitted with The Schaller Friction tuners, which I never had prior experience with. The most obvious difference in these tuners is the set screw uses an oversized head that allows for use of a coin to quickly tighten or loosen the peg tension. At first, I thought the size of the screw head might be a bit cumbersome due to the slightly increased area it takes up, but that concern so far has been unfounded. After experimenting with them for a short while, I found them easy to adjust and maintain their set tension very well.

Before this Brüko #5 Special arrived, I had planned on ordering a set of Gotoh UPT's, but at the moment I am holding off to spend more time seeing how these Schaller friction tuners perform over a longer period of time.

image.jpg

Anyone have experience with these Schaller friction tuners?

Last edited:
Those look pretty much exactly like the Schallers that Kamaka uses (and KoAloha used to use before they switched to Gotoh). I like them because you don't need a screwdriver to tighten them.

You're absolutely right Haole, I didn't realize that they are in fact the Schallers that are on the Brüko. I wasn't aware of their use by KoAloha prior either... Thanks for the info. And yes, I agree that is is very convenient to adjust the tension with a coin. I usually keep a small Phillips screwdriver with me for the regular design friction tuners.

Top Bottom