Looking to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamdanielle

Reaction score
Hey guys... I'm looking into buying my next ukulele and I thought who better to ask for suggestions than you wonderful people.

I currently play a concert Pono and I love it dearly, but I'm looking to step it up a notch. I want to spend around $600-$700 for a uke.. Preferably a tenor or another concert. I found a gorgeous Oscar Schmidt OU280SWK on ebay but I've never really heard much about the brand so I didn't invest. Anyone know anything about those ukes?

I was hoping for my next uke to be from solid wood, handmade and made in Hawai'i. Unless you're aware of a mainland brand that is just as good.

The ukulele of my dreams is a Kanile'a, but unfortunately I don't have an extra $2000 lying around. ;) But If you know of one similar and that is a little cheaper pleeeease let me know..

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this, any help is much appreciated!

I found a gorgeous Oscar Schmidt OU280SWK on ebay but I've never really heard much about the brand so I didn't invest. Anyone know anything about those ukes?

No personal experience, but you tend to hear very mixed things about Oscar Schmidts (mostly the lower-end models, though). Also, I believe they're all imported, so I don't think that would fit your bill. I second dnewton2's advice.

As dnewton2 stated, A Kanile'a K-1 concert and KoAloha concert should be in your price range. You definitely should not spend that much money on an Oscar Schmidt. That's a step backward from a Pono. Both the Kanile'a and KoAloha should be great.

Now, if you're thinking about a uke with a lot of decorations such as purfling, rosette, binding, etc, $700 isn't going to get you any Hawaiian made ukes. For that, the Honu Rope or XXX model are great choices.

I have an almost new Kanile'a K1-T Tenor with gloss finish that has only been played for 2 weeks. Here is the link to my tenor:

Tiki King, let me know if you'd be interested in a trade plus $$$ for my Koaloha listed above?

thank you guys, i ended up on MGM's ebay store and i bought the big island uke co. deluxe honu xxx tenor.

again, thanks for all the suggestions and offers!!
much love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom