Ana'ole Tenor Review

tangimango

Reaction score
Picked up a Nice Anaole Tenor. Made By luthier Garreth from Oahu. He was a builder for G-Strings ukulele. So its very similar in build and sound.

Specs,
All Koa body, hog neck, ebony fretboard and bridge. Strung low G with what looks like old school black nylon strings (GHS?)

Priced above your normal K brands. Build is a little heavy but built very well with a nice gloss, not too shiney maybe a semi gloss. Beautiful shell rosette.

Sound is like a real tradition Hawaiian ukulele sound. maybe due to the black strings.

Overall not the best in my collection but he does make really nice customs from what i see on his website.

will try some other strings reentrant and see how it sounds.

thanks

I have a gorgeous Ana'ole spruce/mango concert. Mine looks and sounds fantastic and is a very light quality build. It sounds clear and bright, similar to my KoAloha concert, but has a bit more depth to the low end. Very nice balance across the strings.

nice, love mango wood. have you tried the Hawaiian Island tenor custom with the sand inlaid around each island? his customs are pretty bad a$$.

I have a gorgeous Ana'ole spruce/mango concert. Mine looks and sounds fantastic and is a very light quality build. It sounds clear and bright, similar to my KoAloha concert, but has a bit more depth to the low end. Very nice balance across the strings.

Top Bottom