Pono Acacia Baritone Deluxe for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

granger

Reaction score
Instrument has been SOLD

For sale is a Pono Acacia Baritone Deluxe. The instrument is in excellent shape with no dings or scratches. The neck and action are really excellent as is the finish and beautiful acacia wood. It comes with a hard case. I played the instrument for the past two years and it has not traveled. I am selling it because I have another custom made baritone I play and also just picked up a 6 string Tacoma Papoose guitar that I find is getting all my attention, so I thought I would sell this one. This is an instrument I purchased a couple years ago from Hawaii's Professional Luthier Kilin Reece. Kilin picked this baritone ukulele up from Pono because it had a minor blemish. I tried to photograph the blemish but I can't get it to show on the photo. It is on the back in the transition into the upper bout. Here there are two small (smaller than dime sized) places were the wood has formed a little "buldge". You can feel them and see them if you tilt the instrument in the light. Since the wood is book matched there are two in the identical place in the darker grain. Kilin added a light brace to the back in this area to stabilize it. There has been NO issues with this area. The added brace can be seen just above the inside label in the photo. Otherwise the instrument is a fine example of the very high quality folks come to expect from Pono. This bulge must have ocurred prior to finishing as there is no crazing at all on the bulges.
I also had a K&K Big Island pickup installed produces a nice balanced amplified sound. This cost around $80.

I am asking $350 with the hard case and feel this represents outstanding value for a great little instrument.

DSCF3180.jpgDSCF3183.jpgDSCF3185.jpgDSCF3186.jpgDSCF3184.jpg

Last edited:
What a lovely uke! Can you tell me if the nut width is 1 3/8", and also of it has a radiused fretboard? Does the added thickness of the brace dampen the sound in your opinion? Thanks, Trish

Hello,
The nut width is 1 3/8", the fretboard is not radiused. I spoke to Kilin Reece, the Luthier that added the brace. In his opinion it did not effect the tone. He has played many more types of ukes and many more Pono instruments than I ever will. He is a good guy and I trust his work and his judgement.

Thank you for your interest.

Tom

Last edited:
Is shipping included in the price given?

Thanks!
Lesley

Hello,

Yes, Hmm. Forget to state that. I will ship it in the lower 48 for that price insured.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom