Best strap buttons IMHO

yeah, those are awesome, but I like these ones...

Last edited:
I put Iluak on my Favilla. They are very nice and they will work with you to select the color and amount of grain you want. They also give you a little tapping tool that makes install a snap.

The metal are just so-so in appearance to be honest.

I agree. When you've got a nice instrument, the metal buttons can look really cheap. I use the Iluak ebony buttons, and they are easy to install. I do have a problem on my main uke, the strap sometimes slips off the button, but didn't happen on others.

Great price on those. Did you darken the screwhead somehow? The bright screw in the middle of such nice material would be the rabbit killer for me.
Same here. The Iluac buttons have various options for the end. I've chosen abalone shell. They don't need a screw that shows since the whole button screws in and does so very firmly and securely.

Nice I guess - I always just go with standard metal ones - cheap and do the trick - plus pretty much impossible to see when playing the thing..

I am lucky enough to have my own lathe and turn my own. All our ukes have either ebony or cocobolo buttons. I have also made a few sets for friends in my workplace uke circle.

Super easy to make, and I don't mind the screw showing. I DO admire the style of the 'blind button' with no hole, but all my guitars have screw in buttons, as do custom ukes like May Moe - so exposed screws are (to me) no biggie - I'm in pretty good company...

Top Bottom