Custom `Ukulele, used, cheap

Kekani

Reaction score
Of course this probably belongs in the Marketplace, but, my friend is moving to the 9th island, and he's lightening his load, in a big way. If you want to see someone with UAS, bad, that's getting rid of stock, head over to the FMBB Marketplace and check out Mr. Bulk's listings.

I'll just say this, he's definitely losing money of some of his instruments.

-Aaron

can i get a link? ive never heard of the place

I saw that Kanilea dragon uke there after Dino pointed me in that direction. I sort of want it, but that sort of $1000 purchase needs to be passed by the parentals, and my father was not too into it (mother would have hung up the phone immediately,) so I guess it'll have to find a home...not with me.

Guess that $1000 saved will be going towards my dream of a Gibson Les Paul guitar. (Parentals won't be happy with that one either...especially the associate guitars with being hella loud. Hehe)

Good deals listed by him though. Very sick collection.

I saw that Kanilea dragon uke there after Dino pointed me in that direction. I sort of want it, but that sort of $1000 purchase needs to be passed by the parentals, and my father was not too into it (mother would have hung up the phone immediately,) so I guess it'll have to find a home...not with me.

Guess that $1000 saved will be going towards my dream of a Gibson Les Paul guitar. (Parentals won't be happy with that one either...especially the associate guitars with being hella loud. Hehe)

Good deals listed by him though. Very sick collection.
off topic alert:

you dont have to pay over a grand for the performance of a gibson les paul. epiphones, when set up well, can play just as well as the gibson versions. and you can get really close to the tone by installing gibson pickups. i have an epiphone silverburst. took those muddy epi pups out and installed some gibson 496 and 500t pups... butter. or you can always just get a pair of seymour duncans and get leaps and bounds better performance. really, with the gibsons... youre paying for the name.

i wont even consider an american fender nowadays, just because SQUIER is coming out with some awesome guitars for their price. and with a little know how (a lot simpler to mod an electric guitar than it is to mod an ukulele) you can turn a squier into a guitar that you would choose over an american fender any day.

i know im gonna catch some flack from the purists, but hey, opinions are like a-holes. we all got em! hahaha.

i still want that kanile'a!

I didn't see anything "cheap" but there were good deals for what they are- custom made one of a kind ukuleles. To me any ukulele over $350 is past the "cheap" threshold me being a disabled former blue collar worker on a tight budget. ;)

you dont have to pay over a grand for the performance of a gibson les paul. epiphones, when set up well, can play just as well as the gibson versions. and you can get really close to the tone by installing gibson pickups. i have an epiphone silverburst. took those muddy epi pups out and installed some gibson 496 and 500t pups... butter. or you can always just get a pair of seymour duncans and get leaps and bounds better performance. really, with the gibsons... youre paying for the name.

i wont even consider an american fender nowadays, just because SQUIER is coming out with some awesome guitars for their price. and with a little know how (a lot simpler to mod an electric guitar than it is to mod an ukulele) you can turn a squier into a guitar that you would choose over an american fender any day.

Off Topic Response Alert:

You're right. I've heard that a lot: that with the Gibson LP, you're paying for a name, and bling. And I guess that's sort of why I want one. I highly doubt I'll get Guitar Acquisition Syndrome, so I figure its better to just buy one of what I really want. And for some strange reason, I just want that Gibson LP. It has that je ne sais qua to it. I have seen some good deals on Epiphone LPs on Craigslist...like reeeaaallly good deals, but I don't want to get one and still be longing for the Gibson. The only way I might be willing to settle is by getting a Studio rather than a Standard. IDK, it's just an intangible draw (way to go, Gibson marketing.) I mean, the saddest part is that with my skills and my current amp setup, I probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between my current Fender Starcaster Strat and the Gibson LP. Unfortunately, even with the $100 dollar rule (divide the dollar amount of your purchase by 100, and wait that number of days before you rush in to buy it, in order to let your desire cool down, and to research your purchase), I still really want that Gibson LP.

I'm just going to be very patient on craigslist, and hope I can snag one for around 800-900 from maybe someone who really needs the money for bills or military that is moving, or something like that. I have found that there are killer deals here if you're fast and patient. And I can sell some of my ukes to make room and help me finance the purchase. Of course, if I fail to land a summer internship, I probably shouldn't buy the guitar...so I hope I get accepted somewhere.

.....Unfortunately, even with the $100 dollar rule (divide the dollar amount of your purchase by 100, and wait that number of days before you rush in to buy it, in order to let your desire cool down, and to research your purchase), ....

Oh it's days? I thought it was minutes. No way in hell I could wait days. I'd end up buying 2 or 3 more in that time period in addition to the that one.

I didn't see anything "cheap" but there were good deals for what they are- custom made one of a kind ukuleles. To me any ukulele over $350 is past the "cheap" threshold me being a disabled former blue collar worker on a tight budget. ;)

Agreed! I've been looking (and drooling) over his ukes for several days, but I can't justify spending $1K US on an instrument right now. Especially since I'm in Canada, and with shipping, our low dollar and a 20% tax/duty government grab, it will cost me closer to $1,500 CAD to get it here.

Even those 'cheap' ukes disparaged by some members at $350-$400 end up as $500-$600 instruments by the time they're landed here. That's a lot of money, considering I can walk into any music store and buy a pretty nice guitar for that price.

I can't figure that out either, I just bought my honey a Washburn D10SDL guitar solid Rosewood sides & back, Spruce top, gold tuners with hard case, and including shipping for only $300. This guitar is the best sounding guitar I have ever held- BEAUTIFULLY clear. A comparable quality ukulele would cost double that. Go figure.

Off Topic Response Alert:
Unfortunately, even with the $100 dollar rule (divide the dollar amount of your purchase by 100, and wait that number of days before you rush in to buy it, in order to let your desire cool down, and to research your purchase),

I was told there would be no math...

i like that custom taylor. kekani, is that one of yours? i wish i had the kala to spend right now.
Yea, das Aaron's headstock . . . man, I wish . . . buggah look ono, yea!

I guess "cheap" is a relative term, but Mr. Bulk is selling those great ukes at very attractive prices. The Aaron Taylor uke even has my last name inlaid on the headstock, so I guess you could say it's got my name written on it. Haha!

I guess "cheap" is a relative term, but Mr. Bulk is selling those great ukes at very attractive prices. The Aaron Taylor uke even has my last name inlaid on the headstock, so I guess you could say it's got my name written on it. Haha!

I think it would make a great addition to your collection.

*just another step closer to pushing the Pineapple Sunday towards my door.

i like that custom taylor. kekani, is that one of yours? i wish i had the kala to spend right now.

As already stated, yes. I messaged Charlie on the board that I'm considering buying that instrument back, which I don't do, especially since it has a name inlay on it.

For those that don't know, Milo is my Brazilian Rosewood, and I can't see that instrument floating around, especially at that price. Yes Honu, $900 is cheap. You can get a factory instrument for that price. Not saying that Charlie's is better, its just I know what went into that build, and I still haven't gotten me a Milo for myself. And, I know for a fact he hung that one on the wall, because soon after, he got into radiused fretboards (extremely radiused fretboards), and it was hardly, if ever, played.

He also has a Custom Kamaka, Quilted Maple, that Casey built. I haven't seen that one - when that one comes up, someone better pick it up quick!

-Aaron

Top Bottom