A (lengthy--but it has lots of pix and details!) account of getting a Moore Bettah...

Tonya

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, I know it's been a long time since I've posted. But, back when I was shopping for an ukulele on Oahu I wrote (again, lots of details) about all the ukulele shops I visited...yet I admitted that I just hadn't found the ukulele of my dreams.

I've finally (blame work, family health issues, you name it) written up the discovery of my dream uke while visiting Hawai'i Island—and that instrument is a doozy, it's a Moore Bettah tenor.

So, here's "the rest of the story" of how it all came about.... http://ukuleletonya.com/blog/2015/11/a-moore-bettah-ukulelefor-me-oh-yes

I hope you have fun reading it. And, my advice: If you're on the Big Island, definitely give a shout out to Chuck Moore!

Last edited:
I loved every moment of this inspiring story and how you were able to achieve your dream uke without so much as a worry about all the other factors mentioned. One of my favorite parts, “Hi, I know you just gave me a new Porsche, but I really don’t care for the color of the steering wheel, so I think I’ll take a pass…” :D I understand this and catch myself doing the same thing. Glad Chuck was persistent in sending you pics!

Ignorance, really, is bliss.

Congrats!

Thanks for the great story. Happy for you that you got 'The One'...

Mahalo

Aloha Tonya, long time no see, glad to see you back posting on uu ...and great story and blog :)

Thanks for sharing your Moore Bettah story. I enjoyed reading it. That must've been a hard choice, choosing between those two beautiful tenors.

Great story and that would have been my choice too!

Your signature says you own two MBUs. If so, wow. Thanks for sharing your story.

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations. You are lucky in so many ways chuck is a classy guy. Enjoy. That is a special ukulele.

Your signature says you own two MBUs.

Yep. There are two *more* "Chuck stories" (but just one additional ukulele!) to be written. And, since I'm in Hawaii right now and have a little free time (in between sitting on the lanai and staring at those waves), I'm gonna be penning (or, more accurately, keyboarding) them.

Stay tuned! (always stay tuned...unless you like playing out of tune)

Last edited:
Great story, great spouse!

Okay, I know it's been a long time since I've posted. But, back when I was shopping for an ukulele on Oahu I wrote (again, lots of details) about all the ukulele shops I visited...yet I admitted that I just hadn't found the ukulele of my dreams.

I've finally (blame work, family health issues, you name it) written up the discovery of my dream uke while visiting Hawai'i Island—and that instrument is a doozy, it's a Moore Bettah tenor.

So, here's "the rest of the story" of how it all came about.... http://ukuleletonya.com/blog/2015/11/a-moore-bettah-ukulelefor-me-oh-yes

I hope you have fun reading it. And, my advice: If you're on the Big Island, definitely give a shout out to Chuck Moore!

The Milo is currently onsale by the current owner at the Flea Market.

Yep. There are two *more* "Chuck stories" (but just one additional ukulele!) to be written. And, since I'm in Hawaii right now and have a little free time (in between sitting on the lanai and staring at those waves), I'm gonna be penning (or, more accurately, keyboarding) them.

Stay tuned! (always stay tuned...unless you like playing out of tune)

Congratulations on a great uke. I look forward to hearing about the other one as well. I love my MB ukes more than anything I have ever owned - they are magical. And Chuck and Bonnie are amazing people, they add a lot to the sentimental value of these instruments.

It is good to hear from you again Tonya. I look forward to the next MB installment.
Joe

Top Bottom