In My Life

Nice work Wolfgang. This arrangement seems to be a little different than the one you posted the mp3 for at Cosmos years back. More refined? I like it. Makes mine seem pale in comparrison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63B0fkr79ho

This arrangement seems to be a little different than the one you posted the mp3 for at Cosmos years back. More refined?

The version I posted in 2006 had two big differences to this one.
First and very obvious, this one here is instrumental.
Second is more interesting. Back then I couldn't play ukulele (and I am still just slowly learning). What I did in 2006 was playing guitar on a ukulele. I nearly always used just fingerpicking, no strummings at all, and I just recently changed my style pretty much by using mainly my thumb of the right hand. The arrangement of the intro/solo is nearly 100% the same as 1.5 years ago, the vocal parts of course are different since I had to add the melody. That was probably the hardest part on the whole thing, after the solo I always wanted to go back to the "normal" picking!

Makes mine seem pale in comparrison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63B0fkr79ho
Not at all! I didn't know you had just recorded it too.
You (and Jon too) have a very different way of playing the ukulele (also compare your Something to mine, very different!). You play around with the song way more than I do, I always stay very close to the original version (in some cases even including the solo), I am not sure that really is a good thing. It makes recognizing the song very easy, but the whole thing is a lot simpler than your arrangements.
Your version is great, I just miss the piezo sound that dominate my recordings! ;)

Last edited:
WS, I think you meant to link to THIS VIDEO. Excellent job. You have an amazing ability to arrange these songs. You make it look easy in the Key of F but, for me, that would be much more difficult than playing it in C as I do.

WS, I think you meant to link to THIS VIDEO.

Oops, of course! (I have corrected my link, it went back to "In My Life" in my original post)

You make it look easy in the Key of F but, for me, that would be much more difficult than playing it in C as I do.
The funny thing is that I play in C too (I can't hide my guitar roots), it's just that the ukulele transposes it to a different key!

Top Bottom