Violin Uke

Ukeefus

Reaction score
Anybody else heard of these? Mine is the Marxochrome (form 3a), gold with purple stripes, bill of sale dated 12/19/35. It has no uke to speak of in it, combination violin and harp (not a hybrid). They are notoriously hard to tune and to figure out, but a digital tuner helps alot, as does watching someone else play it. Not that hard to play. The secret to making it sound good is to not use the supplied undersized bow but a full-size one, then a thumb pick on the left hand. Mine was seperating, had to glue and clamp it, playing fine now.

Yes, I received one a couple of months ago from a friend. It was packed away in their parents' garage. I haven't done anything with it yet, it needs some new strings.

I have a nice one picked up some time back on eBay. it's basically a display piece. Interesting history on those instruments. Traveling salesmen heading out from Chicago on trains stopping at all the little whistle stops through the mid-west selling them to farmer's on the pretext of teaching their kids music, etc. When I got mine, I tuned it, and actually played a couple of simple hymn tunes on it. I found bowing and strumming at the same time sort of peculiar.

Top Bottom