PDA

View Full Version : Samwill handmade Ukulele

sullivan924
04-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Samwill Handmade Ukulele & Mandolin Musical Instrument Co., Ltd is a Taiwanese manufacturer specialized in the construction of Ukulele and Mandolin in China. With support of experienced technicians, we have organized a team of handmade specialized at musical instruments. As we have professional attitude of keeping improving the craftsmanship, we are good at summarizing the advantages and disadvantages of traditional factory. Moreover, we have introduced the European and Hawaii dedicate handcraft into our workshop. Under our superior management of quality control, we have developed individual series of vintage and fantastic handmade all solid Mandolin and Ukulele.

We have grouping and air-conditioner workshop. On selecting the wood materials, we strictly choose good grain wood, according to customers’ requests. For desiccation, all the wood materials are kept natural dry. The construction of wood work adopt the tradition handcraft of chiseling, shaving, filing and scraping, which are strict following the famous operation of German violin workshop. We ensure the wood works which are bright, smooth and original by light of experienced technicians and their proficiency and acuteness of the craftsmanship. On finish, we adopt the famous shellac “French Polish”. With the advanced technique of solidify, we greatly enhance the rigidity of the shellac which are thin but not flexible. We have solved the problem of easy damage. Our technicians make use of the traditional craftsmanship of American mandolin, and inherit the advantage of handcraft. Through the advanced technique, we have made a series of elegant and melodious mandolin.

Ahnko Honu
04-02-2009, 12:48 AM
http://ukulele-mandolin.com/ :confused:

http://ebiquity.umbc.edu/blogger/wp-content/uploads//2007/07/spambot.jpg

Russian_Dingo
04-02-2009, 12:50 AM
This an april fools too.

5F, No.79, Xindun Road, Xindun Village, Xintang Town, Zengcheng, Guangzhou, China
-From their website (http://ukulele-mandolin.com/). http://ukulele-mandolin.com/ This isn't even a real address.

upskydowncloud
04-02-2009, 12:57 AM
This an april fools too.

-From their website (http://ukulele-mandolin.com/). http://ukulele-mandolin.com/ This isn't even a real address.

Zengcheng is a real place and it is in Guangdong.

sullivan924
04-02-2009, 12:59 AM
:)
This an april fools too.

Our factory is located in GZ China, but our boss is Taiwanese

sullivan924
04-02-2009, 01:13 AM
Zengcheng is a real place and it is in Guangdong.

:shaka:

Absolute right

Ahnko Honu
04-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Do you have a real website with examples of your ukuleles pictured? Do you have any US dealers? Most important question of all: Do you make pineapple ukuleles?

sullivan924
04-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Do you have a real website with examples of your ukuleles pictured? Do you have any US dealers? Most important question of all: Do you make pineapple ukuleles?

Yes,we make the pineapple ukuleles, as our website is under constructing now. Please give me your email, I can forward you more models

ps: We are OEM factory:)

ichadwick
04-08-2009, 01:14 AM
I just received several photographs from the gentleman, showing ukes in progress. They are quite attractive - rope binding (front AND back!), some decoration on the bridge, traditional friction tuners - very appealling. It's hard to tell from photographs, but the ones I saw all appear to be soprano models.

It's always good to see a new player in the game and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to buy and try one.

Here are the pics I got of a pineapple model:
http://www.ianchadwick.com/blog pics/samwill_01.JPG
http://www.ianchadwick.com/blog pics/samwill_02.JPG
http://www.ianchadwick.com/blog pics/samwill_03.JPG
http://www.ianchadwick.com/blog pics/samwill_04.JPG

deach
04-08-2009, 02:55 AM
looks great!

Ukulele Friend
04-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Nice looking pineapple. Any sound file available for these ukes?

best,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

sullivan924
04-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Thanks! I am so sorry, we haven't got the sound file on line. We make our bracings according to different of wood materials we use.

ksquine
04-08-2009, 08:08 AM
looks hen hao to me. I wish you had been around when I was living in Shenzhen.

ichadwick
04-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm actually interested in getting one, but I have no information on availability, prices, shipping, etc.

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 06:36 AM
Our new rosewood models are coming soon!

UKISOCIETY
04-15-2009, 06:55 AM
Our new rosewood models are coming soon!

Coming to where? For how much? :anyone:

deach
04-15-2009, 06:57 AM
All these pretty pictures, Nowhere to buy it.

UKISOCIETY
04-15-2009, 06:58 AM
All these pretty pictures, Nowhere to buy it.

I thought the same thing the first time i saw you.

deach
04-15-2009, 07:12 AM
I thought the same thing the first time i saw you.

I'm Yourz.....

UKISOCIETY
04-15-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm Yourz.....

laffin mrazzz off.

hoosierhiver
04-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Was Samwill at the NAMM show in Anaheim?

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 04:09 PM
We don't have distributor in the US now. Personal order is acceptable now.

Kekani
04-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Samwill Handmade Ukulele & Mandolin Musical Instrument Co., Ltd is a Taiwanese manufacturer specialized in the construction of Ukulele and Mandolin in China.

Moreover, we have introduced the European and Hawaii dedicate handcraft into our workshop.

The construction of wood work adopt the tradition handcraft of chiseling, shaving, filing and scraping, which are strict following the famous operation of German violin workshop.

On finish, we adopt the famous shellac “French Finish”. With the advanced technique of solidify, we greatly enhance the rigidity of the shellac which are thin but not flexible.

Our technicians make use of the traditional craftsmanship of Italian mandolin,

I have a few questions. Actually, just statements that I question:
For those in industry, there is a difference between a Chinese manufacturer and a Taiwanese manufacturer. Beyond that, the question is the multiple use of seemingly singular statements regarding cultural technology. Initially, its European and Hawaiian. Then its German. Finally, its Italian.

If its meant for us to understand that the finish is French Polish. . .French Polish is a process, not a finish. The benefit of the process is to be thin, and flexible in a good way.

My point? None. Even after reading through the quasi esl vernacular, from a builders' standpoint I just have a ? on my head (yes, I look funny). On the other hand, people are always looking for whats next in the market, and it seems you'll have great support of customers on this forum.

-Aaron

nikolo727
04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
it does look nice!!! i love the French Polish on the pineapple.

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 05:08 PM
For those in industry, there is a difference between a Chinese manufacturer and a Taiwanese manufacturer. Beyond that, the question is the multiple use of seemingly singular statements regarding cultural technology. Initially, its European and Hawaiian. Then its German. Finally, its Italian.

If its meant for us to understand that the finish is French Polish. . .French Polish is a process, not a finish. The benefit of the process is to be thin, and flexible in a good way.

My point? None. Even after reading through the quasi esl vernacular, from a builders' standpoint I just have a ? on my head (yes, I look funny). On the other hand, people are always looking for whats next in the market, and it seems you'll have great support of customers on this forum.

-Aaron
Thank you very much for your professional comments, we make both Ukulele and Mandolin, and it is great difference between the construction of them.

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 05:14 PM

-Aaron

The Mandolin construction which originate from the Violin, and it actually got develop in the US, but it is not the thread for this forum

Kekani
04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Moreover, we have introduced the European and Hawaii dedicate handcraft into our workshop.

Mind if I ask what exactly that means, specifically the Hawaii part? Have you brought in Hawaiian `ukulele builders, or have worked with/collaborated with some of them? Which one(s)? Maybe someone here knows them and can relate their style of build to your instruments?

Also, how does a brand new manufacturer like yourself get to be associated with the `Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum? Beau coup credibility there, I would say.

BTW, if you link to the museum's website, nothing works - respectfully. There is a memorium for John King. Too cool.

it does look nice!!! i love the French Polish on the pineapple.

Every French Polished instrument I've seen doesn't have orange peel in the finish. The process itself doesn't allow it to happen.

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Mind if I ask what exactly that means, specifically the Hawaii part? Have you brought in Hawaiian `ukulele builders, or have worked with/collaborated with some of them? Which one(s)? Maybe someone here knows them and can relate their style of build to your instruments?

Also, how does a brand new manufacturer like yourself get to be associated with the `Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum? Beau coup credibility there, I would say.

BTW, if you link to the museum's website, nothing works - respectfully. There is a memorium for John King. Too cool.

Every French Polished instrument I've seen doesn't have orange peel in the finish. The process itself doesn't allow it to happen.

This is the original color of the shellac, and it is not easy to fade.

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 07:53 PM

We just collaborate with them for the OEM products, and only some of our models. I am so sorry, I can't tell you the names of them, it is our agreement. My original meaning for the European handcraft is for the Mandolin part.

SuperSecretBETA
04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Kekani, sorry if I'm reading into this incorrectly, but it seems you're giving her such a hard time. The English language is hard enough as it is.

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 08:23 PM

Actually, our website is under construction. Thank you for your reminding of this.

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Kekani, sorry if I'm reading into this incorrectly, but it seems you're giving her such a hard time. The English language is hard enough as it is.

Thank you for your understanding. Actually, I appreciate his comments, Any effective criticism will be our progress in the near future.

samleel
04-15-2009, 09:24 PM
hi sullivan
I am hong kong musical player .I very like your ukulele .pls tell me.How much a ukulele? maybe you cam to my e-mail tks.:nana:

samleel
04-15-2009, 09:43 PM
I am sorry.my e-mail:samleel@ms53.hinet.net

Kekani
04-15-2009, 10:00 PM

You know, I had this long drawn out response. Twice.

Sorry to have taken this off track (if that's what it seems).

-Aaron

Ahnko Honu
04-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Sullivan, can you please verify a couple nagging questions in the back of my mind.

On another website you are shown as Ms. Sullivan. Can you state what gender you are?
Sullivan is a good Irish name but I don't think you are Irish? Why Sullivan?
What is your real name if you don't mind me asking.

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Sullivan, can you please verify a couple nagging questions in the back of my mind.

On another website you are shown as Ms. Sullivan. Can you state what gender you are?
Sullivan is a good Irish name but I don't think you are Irish? Why Sullivan?
What is your real name if you don't mind me asking.

Ok, I got this name as it is from Helen keller's teacher. I admire her way of education. I am female.

Ahnko Honu
04-15-2009, 11:24 PM
Ok, I got this name as it is from Helen keller's teacher. I admire her way of education. I am female.

Thank you for the explanation, good reason for your name choice. ;):D:)

Any Mahogany Pineapple pictures yet?

sullivan924
04-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Thank you for the explanation, good reason for your name choice. ;):D:)

Any Mahogany Pineapple pictures yet?

Thank you! I hope that I won't coufuse you again:)
Oh, the Mahogany pineapple has not been completed yet. I will update the progress for you. Thanks for attention.

SuperSecretBETA
04-16-2009, 04:50 AM
You know, I had this long drawn out response. Twice.

Sorry to have taken this off track (if that's what it seems).

-Aaron

Actually, I'm probably the one taking it off track--my bad. :|

You don't have to stop asking questions. By all means, ask away. I know you have uber-knowledge on construction compared to me. I just don't want to scare away someone who might have a lot of potential, even if there's, so far, only a dearth of information.

Kekani
04-16-2009, 10:06 PM
Actually, I'm probably the one taking it off track--my bad. :|

You don't have to stop asking questions. By all means, ask away. I know you have uber-knowledge on construction compared to me. I just don't want to scare away someone who might have a lot of potential, even if there's, so far, only a dearth of information.

Okay, here goes. First off, you were right, I did have a little, shall we say, "are you for real?" in my tone. Just a gut feeling, and I still have it. Suffice to say, part of my long response had to do with the answers to the questions, some insufficient, some non-existent. Go back and read, between the lines if you have to - the info is there, or the lack of info is there as well.

BUT, here's the kicker, and I KNEW something was wrong when I saw the website. I had to find out for myself first. The website seems to be condoned by the `Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum. Wrong. Right about now, Tom and Nuni Walsh are probably having a cow over that site. As I understand, they have no connection to Samwill, nor have they given any permission to use their website as part of anyone's marketing.

To blatantly use the likeness of a well respected entity such as the `Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum to your benefit, WITHOUT their permission, personally, is not cool. I wouldn't appreciate it if it were me, and I'm sure they don't appreciate it as well.

I'm out. - Aaron

sullivan924
04-16-2009, 10:34 PM
Okay, here goes. First off, you were right, I did have a little, shall we say, "are you for real?" in my tone. Just a gut feeling, and I still have it. Suffice to say, part of my long response had to do with the answers to the questions, some insufficient, some non-existent. Go back and read, between the lines if you have to - the info is there, or the lack of info is there as well.

BUT, here's the kicker, and I KNEW something was wrong when I saw the website. I had to find out for myself first. The website seems to be condoned by the `Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum. Wrong. Right about now, Tom and Nuni Walsh are probably having a cow over that site. As I understand, they have no connection to Samwill, nor have they given any permission to use their website as part of anyone's marketing.

To blatantly use the likeness of a well respected entity such as the `Ukulele Hall of Fame Museum to your benefit, WITHOUT their permission, personally, is not cool. I wouldn't appreciate it if it were me, and I'm sure they don't appreciate it as well.

I'm out. - Aaron

Thank you very much for your reminding and kindness. I know it is my mistake. Anyway, I hope that we can have communication on the construction or intonation about Ukulele. Welcome for more constructive suggestions for our Ukuleles. Thanks again.

Link
04-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Not to be rude.. but it does smell a lil fishy up in here.

sullivan924
04-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Acacia and flame mahogany will be finished soon.

deach
04-19-2009, 02:34 AM
Acacia and flame mahogany will be finished soon.

Will your website?

ichadwick
04-19-2009, 03:34 AM
I have been sent several pictures of their ukes in production. While I can't verify anything else about the company, it looks like they are making some products, but apparently quite slowly.

I would have made the leap of faith and ordered one - the price I was quoted seemed reasonable - but right now the Canadian dollar is rather low, and I'd rather wait to see if the dollar (and the economy) improves. A ukulele will cost me roughly 50% more in Canadian dollars over the US price once I get through paying the taxes and so on. Hence my hesitation.

As for language issues - if we were so critical of their language with our forum members, half of us wouldn't be allowed to post here.

sullivan924
04-19-2009, 04:28 AM
I have been sent several pictures of their ukes in production. While I can't verify anything else about the company, it looks like they are making some products, but apparently quite slowly.

I would have made the leap of faith and ordered one - the price I was quoted seemed reasonable - but right now the Canadian dollar is rather low, and I'd rather wait to see if the dollar (and the economy) improves. A ukulele will cost me roughly 50% more in Canadian dollars over the US price once I get through paying the taxes and so on. Hence my hesitation.

As for language issues - if we were so critical of their language with our forum members, half of us wouldn't be allowed to post here.

First of all, thank you for your comments. The reasons I joined this forum not only to share some of our Ukuleles, but also want to communicate with some professional people here( I think it is the most important reasons). I know that nobody can please all. Of course, we would like to hear different voice, support us, or dislike us. The most important thing is that we stick to improve our craftsmanship. We eager to build Ukuleles of wonderful sound.

sullivan924
04-27-2009, 06:45 AM
Please check our new spalted maple Uke!

samleel
04-27-2009, 06:12 PM
hi sullivan
pls e-mail to me.:shaka:

ichadwick
04-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Tell us a little more please. What size is it, and what is the top made from?

sullivan924
04-28-2009, 02:50 AM
Tell us a little more please. What size is it, and what is the top made from?

The top is spruce, and this model is soprano.

sullivan924
05-04-2009, 05:35 AM
The top is spruce, and this model is soprano.

Please check our Honduras Mahogany pineapple!

bbycrts
05-04-2009, 05:47 AM
Please check our Honduras Mahogany pineapple!

Ahnko Honu in 5...4...3...2...1...

UKISOCIETY
05-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Ahnko Honu in 5...4...3...2...1...
:p !

sullivan924
05-08-2009, 06:56 AM
:p !

Our newly figured Brazilian rosewood Uke.

Roy T.
05-10-2009, 01:52 PM

We have a few new ukes from SamWill. We have several pictures on second page of each ukulele.
Put SamWill in our search engine at WWW.UkuleleWorld.Com

Roy T.
05-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm actually interested in getting one, but I have no information on availability, prices, shipping, etc.

We have some info on these ukes at http://UkuleleWorld.Com
Put SamWill in the search engine

SuperSecretBETA
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Does SamWill have any concert models in the work, or are they a soprano exclusive company?

sullivan924
05-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Does SamWill have any concert models in the work, or are they a soprano exclusive company?

We make most the soprano models, yes, we have concert and tenor model in the work also now.

E-Lo Roberts
05-13-2009, 06:23 AM

I'm out. - Aaron

Aaron, I've read this entire thread. Thanks for keeping Sullivan's original promo to this site in check. It appears to be a new startup company with an over zealous marketing platform trying to toss around some inflated "street creed" where there isn't any. No need for this. Sullian simply needs to drop the smoke and mirrors PR campaign and just let the uke's speak for themselves. Ship a couple of freebee's to UU and have them do a review on the quality, workmanship, and pricepoint of these Samwill instruments.....e.lo.....

ichadwick
05-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Sullian simply needs to drop the smoke and mirrors PR campaign and just let the uke's speak for themselves. Ship a couple of freebee's to UU and have them do a review on the quality, workmanship, and pricepoint of these Samwill instruments.....e.lo.....
I don't believe that there's any "smoke and mirrors" here. I'd suggest it's more of a communications problem exacerbated by a difference in languages.

Ms. Sullivan has responded to every email I have sent, and provided me with images of several of their recent ukuleles. No one has solicited any money or personal information. I believe they are legitimate, merely unaccustomed to the deeply personal and often contentious world of Internet forums.

Face it: compared to dealing with distributors and sales agents, a forum is a mosh pit!

I don't think it's much of a PR campaign - just a few posts with pictures announcing - not soliciting any sales - they finished another uke. What's the difference between this and any luthier announcing he/she finished a custom uke?

Freebees? Well, perhaps - but I checked the UU front page and can't find any statement about reviews, reviewers, or the disposition of product after a review.

I think any manufacturer will be reluctant to send free product to a site that doesn't clearly state:

Who will do the review (to determine the reviewer's credibility, writing skills and experience) and possibly who will edit it (a site that includes multiple submitters has to have a qualified editor/moderator to have any credibility otherwise reviews are merely a collection of personal opinions),
That if requested by the shipper, the merchandise will be returned at the expense of the site owner(s) or reviewer to the shipper, or
If not returned, the merchandise will be disposed of in a manner acceptable to the shipper (a forum contest might work), and
That reviews are independent of advertising and UU does not demand any paid advertising or financial consideration in exchange for reviewing a product.

Credibility has to work both ways. I am not suggesting in any way that UU or any reviewers here are not - just that for an outsider it is hard to determine what's happening behind the scenes on any Internet site.

Plus the identity of the potential reviewer is a key to mutual acceptance. No one wants to send product only to have it fall into the hands of someone who is inexperienced, or has demonstrated poor writing/communication skills in previous reviews.

I agree that getting a uke or two into the hands of reviewers on this or other forums would help Samwill and get their products better visibility. But I can understand the reluctance of a small company that apparently mades a very limited number of instruments to start sending out product without making sure that the receivers are equally credible and will give their instruments adequate attention.

In the meantime, I would also like to see pictures of the workshop and the artisans who are making these instruments. That would give a much more personal aspect to the instrument images.

SuperSecretBETA
05-13-2009, 03:37 PM
The fact that www.ukuleleworld.com has Samwill prototypes says something about its legitimacy.

E-Lo Roberts
05-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Ich, I see your points. Hey I'm with you! Never said they were not legit. Welcome Samwill to UU! I've checked out all the uke pics Sullivan has posted. They look great, however, spare me the introduction promo post from Samwill that creditable UU members continue to shoot holes through. But enough of this bottom spanking, the ukes look really nice, and lets move on from here. Thanks e.lo....

sullivan924
05-14-2009, 06:47 AM
I don't believe that there's any "smoke and mirrors" here. I'd suggest it's more of a communications problem exacerbated by a difference in languages.

Ms. Sullivan has responded to every email I have sent, and provided me with images of several of their recent ukuleles. No one has solicited any money or personal information. I believe they are legitimate, merely unaccustomed to the deeply personal and often contentious world of Internet forums.

Face it: compared to dealing with distributors and sales agents, a forum is a mosh pit!

I don't think it's much of a PR campaign - just a few posts with pictures announcing - not soliciting any sales - they finished another uke. What's the difference between this and any luthier announcing he/she finished a custom uke?

Freebees? Well, perhaps - but I checked the UU front page and can't find any statement about reviews, reviewers, or the disposition of product after a review.

I think any manufacturer will be reluctant to send free product to a site that doesn't clearly state:

Who will do the review (to determine the reviewer's credibility, writing skills and experience) and possibly who will edit it (a site that includes multiple submitters has to have a qualified editor/moderator to have any credibility otherwise reviews are merely a collection of personal opinions),
That if requested by the shipper, the merchandise will be returned at the expense of the site owner(s) or reviewer to the shipper, or
If not returned, the merchandise will be disposed of in a manner acceptable to the shipper (a forum contest might work), and
That reviews are independent of advertising and UU does not demand any paid advertising or financial consideration in exchange for reviewing a product.

Credibility has to work both ways. I am not suggesting in any way that UU or any reviewers here are not - just that for an outsider it is hard to determine what's happening behind the scenes on any Internet site.

Plus the identity of the potential reviewer is a key to mutual acceptance. No one wants to send product only to have it fall into the hands of someone who is inexperienced, or has demonstrated poor writing/communication skills in previous reviews.

I agree that getting a uke or two into the hands of reviewers on this or other forums would help Samwill and get their products better visibility. But I can understand the reluctance of a small company that apparently mades a very limited number of instruments to start sending out product without making sure that the receivers are equally credible and will give their instruments adequate attention.

In the meantime, I would also like to see pictures of the workshop and the artisans who are making these instruments. That would give a much more personal aspect to the instrument images.

Mr. Ian, thank you so much for your attention all the time. Of course, I would like to share some of our workshop construction process pictures with so many professional players here. If possible, we also welcome those who want to visit our workshop.

sullivan924
05-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Ich, I see your points. Hey I'm with you! Never said they were not legit. Welcome Samwill to UU! I've checked out all the uke pics Sullivan has posted. They look great, however, spare me the introduction promo post from Samwill that creditable UU members continue to shoot holes through. But enough of this bottom spanking, the ukes look really nice, and lets move on from here. Thanks e.lo....

Thanks for your support also. I would like to share some new more of our models, but only the wood work now -for black walnut.

sullivan924
07-05-2009, 12:17 AM
We have made a series of new models, please check them one by one. :)

sullivan924
07-05-2009, 02:09 AM
It is Brazilian rosewood uke, please check them also.

ichadwick
07-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Sullivan: please tell us more about your ukuleles. What are the sizes of the ones in the photographs? Do you have any for sale yet (tenors in particular)?

You have some beautiful looking instruments. The action on the cocobolo seems very high, though. Can you measure it and tell us ho high it is? What sort of wood is cocobolo? I think it's stiunning.

sullivan924
07-05-2009, 03:12 AM
Sullivan: please tell us more about your ukuleles. What are the sizes of the ones in the photographs? Do you have any for sale yet (tenors in particular)?

You have some beautiful looking instruments. The action on the cocobolo seems very high, though. Can you measure it and tell us ho high it is? What sort of wood is cocobolo? I think it's stiunning.

Thank you for your attention! These models are of soprano size we made for our guest's sample. Actually, Cocobolo is a kind of Mexican rosewood. You remind me of the action. We would like to measure it for you soon.

sullivan924
07-05-2009, 03:22 AM
This is a flame maple uke!

sullivan924
07-05-2009, 03:48 AM
Yes, this is new natrual looking of spalted maple uke

sullivan924
07-05-2009, 04:10 AM
Another new model of Acacia!

Lori
07-05-2009, 06:17 AM
Interesting ukuleles. I like your experimentation with the different woods. I especially like the natural spalted maple. Very nice choice of woodgrain pattern, artfully done. Of course, what we would also like is to hear an audio sample.

As for aesthetic details, I like the designs with less decoration better than the ones with more decoration. That is just my personal preference, but it does affect my ukulele shopping.

If I were you, I would send one of the ukuleles, on loan, to iChadwick for review. When I first started looking for ukulele reviews on the internet, iChadwick's reviews were the first ones I found that were really helpful. If you are making any tenor ukes, I would send him one that size. I am sure if you paid for return shipping, he would send it back after the review. If he really liked it, he probably would buy it.

This might be a good time to read the book "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell. I found it very interesting, and I think it helps explain how products become successfully noticed in the western marketplace.

–Lori

SuperSecretBETA
07-06-2009, 09:20 AM
www.ukuleleworld.com has a couple SamWill sopranos on sale. I would ask them for a sound sample.

ichadwick
07-06-2009, 09:36 AM
If I were you, I would send one of the ukuleles, on loan, to iChadwick for review. When I first started looking for ukulele reviews on the internet, iChadwick's reviews were the first ones I found that were really helpful. If you are making any tenor ukes, I would send him one that size. I am sure if you paid for return shipping, he would send it back after the review. If he really liked it, he probably would buy it.
Thanks for that endorsement, Lori. Glad my reviews could help!

Actually I never thought about borrowing a uke, but I have been in touch with Sullivan about purchasing one in the near future much spare money right now, and have to dig around to find some things to sell on eBay to inflate my Paypal account so I can afford one. I'm even considering selling a uke or two...

(Susan seems to think we should spend our income on things like food, mortage payments, car repairs and pet care. I seem to lean towards ukuleles, good wine and better tequila...)

I am a little more comfortable with soprano these days, thanks to the recent purchase of an Ohana zebrawood model and a lot of practice time on it, so I'm open to any size these days (it's a sort of breakthrough, I suppose).

These latest models really interest me. Maybe I can get more serious about one very soon... Sullivan - can you please email me?

RevWill
07-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I personally think that sending out a uke to ichadwick, Aldrine, or Pippin for a review then a giveaway would be a great PR move bring some publicity for your ukes.

ichadwick
07-07-2009, 02:19 AM
Well, I'm still willing to buy one to review it... but I communications have been a little choppy. Perhaps the time zones affect us.

I have reviewed computer software, hardware, wargames, books, movies, music CDs, plays, tequilas, ukuleles, harmonicas, bands, motorcycles, hotels, travel destinations, board games, chess matches, politics, trade shows, keyboards (audio), cameras and more - starting back in 1969 when I first worked for a newspaper, and writing for the media almost ever since. In fact, I only recently stopped writing a regular computer column for a Canadian newspaper. I've been a columnist, feature writer, reporter and editor.

In my experience, reviews and reviewers are easily compromised by freebies. You have to be very objective and it's hard to be critical when someone gives you a product, because you don't want to turn that tap off. So I prefer to to buy items I review, or at the very least borrow them when possible. That way I can be critical if I feel criticism is warranted, and my compliments are not influenced by a gift, so they should have more credibility.

Yes, some freebies come more easily - music CDs and movie passes are commonly given to the media in great numbers. And they're not very expensive - you're not likely to sell your soul for $10 or $20.

Many companies offer to loan you a product with a side offer that you can buy it or return it later. Motorcycles or cars, for example. Usually the sale price is under retail, to encourage the reviewer to keep it. I'm also okay with that. It was tough to give those bikes back, but I did...

Staff reviewers in media corps can also be influenced by advertisers. Take a look at auto reviews in your local paper. Ever read a really critical one? Seldom if ever. Even butt-ugly, environmentally-hostile, safety-compromised SUVs get rave reviews in most newspapers because the publishers don't want auto companies to pull advertising. Been there. But this isn't print media, so we can afford to be more objective here.

Lori
07-07-2009, 06:06 AM
Time zones between here and there can be very inconvenient. From my experience working from Los Angeles and communicating to Taiwan, here it was 8:00 am there and 5:00 pm here. So, we were ending our day just as they were starting the next day.

Also bear in mind that some of their business customs are different than ours, and that can cause some misunderstandings. Some things that are frowned upon in the US, might be an accepted practice in China or Taiwan.

My experience working with a Taiwan office was very positive. I was working for K-Swiss shoes in the 1990's, and the people were very friendly and hard working.

–Lori

ichadwick
07-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Our exchanges have been very courteous and informative. They're just not very frequent. I am hoping she will contact me shortly, though, to discuss this further... if not, I am sorely tempted by that T1 in the marketplace (although it's a bit out of my current reach).

WhenDogsSing
07-08-2009, 04:50 AM
It is Brazilian rosewood uke, please check them also.

I don't think Samwill will be able to sell these brazilian rosewood beauties in the USA as the importation of brazilian rosewood into the USA was outlawed back in the early 70s...:(

CF Martin went from brazilian rosewood to indian rosewood on their 21 and higher series guitars in the late 60s.

WhenDogsSing
07-08-2009, 05:02 AM
Having already posted my doubt regarding Samwill's selling of brazilian rosewood ukuleles in the USA, I see that Ukulele World is selling a Samwill soprano constructed of brazilian rosewood...I must not be correct in what I initially said...Does anyone know what the current disposition is regarding importation of brazilian rosewood into the USA...???

wfwhitson
07-08-2009, 05:56 AM
I did a quick search on brazilian rosewood ukulele, found sevral for sale, and some wood sets. But it seems that you need some kind of permit to export it.

sullivan924
07-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I did a quick search on brazilian rosewood ukulele, found sevral for sale, and some wood sets. But it seems that you need some kind of permit to export it.

You are right, even in China, When our suppliers import these kinds of wood, like Brazilian rosewood or Amazon rosewood, South American Mahogany, etc, they have to apply for the special permit, so that they can import these wood materials.

sullivan924
07-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Having already posted my doubt regarding Samwill's selling of brazilian rosewood ukuleles in the USA, I see that Ukulele World is selling a Samwill soprano constructed of brazilian rosewood...I must not be correct in what I initially said...Does anyone know what the current disposition is regarding importation of brazilian rosewood into the USA...???

Thank you for your reminding of it. Even in China, when our suppliers import these kinds of wood materials, they have to apply for the permits first. There are several protected wood materials which are used to make instruments. That's why Brazilian rosewood ukulele worths collecting to those who really like it.

sullivan924
07-08-2009, 10:54 PM
Time zones between here and there can be very inconvenient. From my experience working from Los Angeles and communicating to Taiwan, here it was 8:00 am there and 5:00 pm here. So, we were ending our day just as they were starting the next day.

Also bear in mind that some of their business customs are different than ours, and that can cause some misunderstandings. Some things that are frowned upon in the US, might be an accepted practice in China or Taiwan.

My experience working with a Taiwan office was very positive. I was working for K-Swiss shoes in the 1990's, and the people were very friendly and hard working.

–Lori

Mr. Lori, thank you for your comments here. As I was on business trip these two days, I am sorry to reply you now. Different places have different customs. I believe that Chinese people are always diligent and hardworking.

sullivan924
07-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Our exchanges have been very courteous and informative. They're just not very frequent. I am hoping she will contact me shortly, though, to discuss this further... if not, I am sorely tempted by that T1 in the marketplace (although it's a bit out of my current reach).

I am sorry, Mr.Ian, I have sent you email. Actually, we will have our own logo Samwill to be inlayed for the next samples,then we would like to send one custom uke for your reference.

sullivan924
07-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Interesting ukuleles. I like your experimentation with the different woods. I especially like the natural spalted maple. Very nice choice of woodgrain pattern, artfully done. Of course, what we would also like is to hear an audio sample.

As for aesthetic details, I like the designs with less decoration better than the ones with more decoration. That is just my personal preference, but it does affect my ukulele shopping.

This might be a good time to read the book "The Tipping Point" by Malcolm Gladwell. I found it very interesting, and I think it helps explain how products become successfully noticed in the western marketplace.

–Lori

Thank you! For the design of this series models, we make full use of wood binding or wood rope binding for the top,back,side, fretboard abd bridge. Yes, we will. We would like to share our ukes with those like them.

Lori
07-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Mr. Lori, thank you for your comments here. As I was on business trip these two days, I am sorry to reply you now. Different places have different customs. I believe that Chinese people are always diligent and hardworking.
I have visited Taiwan, and spent many weeks there while I was working for K-Swiss shoes. I never got to China though. Anyway, they were surprised to see that I am female.:rolleyes: I guess the name Lori seemed like a man's name. Anyway, I am impressed with your English. I know I couldn't manage Mandarin in this situation.

–Ms. Lori :music:

sullivan924
07-09-2009, 06:37 AM
I have visited Taiwan, and spent many weeks there while I was working for K-Swiss shoes. I never got to China though. Anyway, they were surprised to see that I am female.:rolleyes: I guess the name Lori seemed like a man's name. Anyway, I am impressed with your English. I know I couldn't manage Mandarin in this situation.

–Ms. Lori :music:

Aha, Ms Lori. I am so sorry, but I am so glad to hear that you are female as well. :o Oh, really, you should visit mainland China when you are avaliable next time, and I would like to be your guide if you want.:D Of course, Taiwan is also a nice place. As far as I know, there are so many Canadian Chinese in Canada, and they speak fluent Mandarin.

PattyD
07-09-2009, 06:41 AM
:wallbash: I've GOT to quit being dyslexic and reading "sawmill" instead of "samwill" :uhoh:

I was wondering yesterday about logos or "branding" of them, it will be interesting to see what they do. These are some quite pretty instruments!

sullivan924
07-09-2009, 06:48 AM
:wallbash: I've GOT to quit being dyslexic and reading "sawmill" instead of "samwill" :uhoh:

I was wondering yesterday about logos or "branding" of them, it will be interesting to see what they do. These are some quite pretty instruments!

:) Now you know the right name anyway. We got this name because it sounds like our Chinese name and represent as a kind of strong will.

BrotherUke
07-09-2009, 06:59 AM
[QUOTE=PattyD;169176]:wallbash: I've GOT to quit being dyslexic and reading "sawmill" instead of "samwill" :uhoh:

OMG! I've been doing the same thing for the last two days and didn't realize it until I read your post!

sullivan924
07-09-2009, 07:03 AM
[QUOTE=PattyD;169176]:wallbash: I've GOT to quit being dyslexic and reading "sawmill" instead of "samwill" :uhoh:

OMG! I've been doing the same thing for the last two days and didn't realize it until I read your post!

:p You are so humourous today. Then you should know the right name from now on.

ichadwick
07-10-2009, 08:06 AM
I am sorry, Mr.Ian, I have sent you email. Actually, we will have our own logo Samwill to be inlayed for the next samples,then we would like to send one custom uke for your reference.
Sorry for my delay this time - I was in Toronto for a couple of days without access to email. Even attended a ukulele jam (the Corktown group).

I am at work now, and will respond to your email from home. Thanks for sending those pictures.

sullivan924
07-13-2009, 05:31 AM
Please check our new models of the Black walnut!

sullivan924
07-13-2009, 05:34 AM
Please check our new models of Mahogany pineapple!

sullivan924
07-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Please check our new models Amazon rosewood, which is different from the Brazilian rosewood.

Ahnko Honu
07-13-2009, 08:22 AM

ARGH! PM me the price for your pineapple including shipping! :eek::D:shaka:
http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2066&d=1247499209

ichadwick
07-13-2009, 08:49 AM
Funny. That was my second choice (after the cocobolo, which is for a customer, not for sale...). And I have no particular love for pineapple shapes (but give me an agave shape any day...). Just struck me.

I'm trying to get one so I can review it. Actually, almost any model will do.

ichadwick
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm setting up payment now. Hope to have the pineapple soprano in hand next month. Will provide a review here and on my own site. Have some real hopes for this brands.

ukulelearp
07-30-2009, 12:43 PM
That pineapple looks great! I'm a huge fan of rope binding.

Pippin
07-30-2009, 01:42 PM

The "natural" mahogany is beautiful. Nice work.

ichadwick
08-07-2009, 08:33 AM
Just got that Samwill pineapple uke (soprano) shipped to me, arrived DHL a few minutes ago (thanks, Sullivan). I have not had any time to play it, just starting to get the strings stretched and tuned. But the uke is real - if you had any doubts - and the rope binding is very nice. Will give it a few days to break in before I review it more thoroughly.

Initial impressions: Pretty, with nice decoration (double rope rosette, binding on both sides of fretboard, and added decoration on bridge), flawless high gloss finish, nice wood, smooth neck, smooth fret edges, intonation seems exact, fair sustain and volume, a little mellow, but that might be improved by different strings or a TUSQ saddle (not sure what the saddle material is - either bone or plastic).

Nut width is 1 3/8". Friction pegs. Twelve frets. Fret markers at 5th, 7th & 10th fret with neck side dots as well. Weight: 386 g.

Overall: nice instrument, in build and sound on a par with most of the Ohanas/Kalas I've played, but a bit dressier.

sullivan924
08-08-2009, 04:30 PM
Just got that Samwill pineapple uke (soprano) shipped to me, arrived DHL a few minutes ago (thanks, Sullivan). I have not had any time to play it, just starting to get the strings stretched and tuned. But the uke is real - if you had any doubts - and the rope binding is very nice. Will give it a few days to break in before I review it more thoroughly.

Initial impressions: Pretty, with nice decoration (double rope rosette, binding on both sides of fretboard, and added decoration on bridge), flawless high gloss finish, nice wood, smooth neck, smooth fret edges, intonation seems exact, fair sustain and volume, a little mellow, but that might be improved by different strings or a TUSQ saddle (not sure what the saddle material is - either bone or plastic).

Nut width is 1 3/8". Friction pegs. Twelve frets. Fret markers at 5th, 7th & 10th fret with neck side dots as well. Weight: 386 g.

Overall: nice instrument, in build and sound on a par with most of the Ohanas/Kalas I've played, but a bit dressier.

Thank you! we are always using bone for nut aand saddle!

sullivan924
08-08-2009, 04:46 PM
We just finished some samples of Quilted maple, please check them! The top, back,side and the peghead surface are of quilted maple.

schuermurrman
08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
We just finished some samples of Quilted maple, please check them! The top, back,side and the peghead surface are of quilted maple.

Holy Delighfulness batman!!! Sweeeet as can be!! :nana:

sullivan924
08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
This one is of spruce top, back,side and the peghead surface are of quilted maple.

petah
08-08-2009, 05:25 PM
WOW!
beaut

Lori
08-08-2009, 07:43 PM
That quilted maple looks very glamorous!

–Lori

sullivan924
08-10-2009, 10:11 PM
We have made some models of Mahogany. this model is special of the wood rope binding.

ichadwick
08-11-2009, 10:08 AM
That quilted maple is gorgeous! Maybe I should have waited...

If you're curious about these ukes, they are worth investigating for future purchase. The soprano I bought is appreciably nicer - louder and richer - than my Ohana zebrawood soprano in terms of tone. I did a sound test with Susan, playing both and she really liked the Samwill's sound better. So did a recent guest we had staying with us, this weekend.

I'm really keen to see what they have as tenor models.

SuperSecretBETA
08-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Looks like SamWill surivived the typhoons. Glad you're still around!

ichadwick
08-14-2009, 01:32 AM
Looks like SamWill surivived the typhoons. Glad you're still around!
I hope so - I plan to add another of their instruments to my collection before they become too well known... that quilted maple perhaps.

samleel
08-20-2009, 09:28 PM
pls,send your new sample picther to my e-mail. tks:nana:

sullivan924
09-04-2009, 06:59 AM
pls,send your new sample picther to my e-mail. tks:nana:

Some of our new samples can be bought from our US shop:
http://www.ukuleleworld.com/SamWill/

Thank you for all support!

Regards,
Sullivan

Kanaka916
09-04-2009, 07:31 AM
Are any tenors available?

ichadwick
09-04-2009, 08:34 AM
I've heard that the company is now making concert, tenor and even baritone.

I hope to get a tenor in the near future, and look forward to seeing Sullivan's pics of them.

SuperSecretBETA
09-04-2009, 08:43 AM
That quilted maple is just insane!

ukeskywalker79
09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Any new pics :D These are some incredible looking ukes. I hope they sound as nice as they look. Nice to see you guys trying out all sorts of different woods. Would love to get my hands on the all quilted maple. Do you plan on making quilted maple in a concert or tenor?

Do you guys do custom orders?

sullivan924
09-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Are any tenors available?

The tenor models will be completed this month.

Kanaka916
09-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks for update. Will you be posting photos of them upon completion and will Ukulele World carry them?

ichadwick
09-12-2009, 08:23 AM
The tenor models will be completed this month.
Looks like I'll have to get one...

sullivan924
10-04-2009, 09:15 PM
This is our first time to make Zebra wood.

mangouker
10-04-2009, 10:09 PM
how much are the zebra sopranos with shipping?

Kanaka916
10-05-2009, 04:33 AM
You might have to check with Uke World (http://ukuleleworld.com/SamWill/) (stateside distributor) but I couldn't tell you if the new models are yet in stock. It's not pictured on the website.

sullivan924
10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
You might have to check with Uke World (http://ukuleleworld.com/SamWill/) (stateside distributor) but I couldn't tell you if the new models are yet in stock. It's not pictured on the website.

They are our distributor, as this is our new models, I think that they should have it in the future.

sullivan924
10-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Please check our Jacaranda uke!

Pippin
10-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Please check our Jacaranda uke!

That is a beautiful ukulele.

On an unrelated subject. Your camera sensor has dust on it. You can easily clean it with the "Green Machine". Here is a link...

http://www.dslr-mag.com/greenclean.htm

sullivan924
10-14-2009, 11:14 PM
That is a beautiful ukulele.

On an unrelated subject. Your camera sensor has dust on it. You can easily clean it with the "Green Machine". Here is a link...

http://www.dslr-mag.com/greenclean.htm

Thank you! Our new photos are a little better.

sullivan924
10-14-2009, 11:34 PM
please check our new series of pineapple. Here is the Cocobolo pineapple.

mokai
10-14-2009, 11:44 PM
hi sullivan924
has samwill ukuleles considered expanding your fretboards past 12 frets?

sullivan924
10-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Here is Spalted maple pineapple

Ahnko Honu
10-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Here is Spalted maple pineapple
Ooooooh@maple-pineapple.covet

Ahnko Honu
10-14-2009, 11:48 PM
please check our new series of pineapple. Here is the Cocobolo pineapple.:drool::drool::drool::D

sullivan924
10-14-2009, 11:52 PM
hi sullivan924
has samwill ukuleles considered expanding your fretboards past 12 frets?

Yes, we can make our fretboards past 12 frets.

sullivan924
10-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Here is our Bolivian rosewood pineapple!

sullivan924
10-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Here is our Black walnut pineapple!

samleel
10-15-2009, 02:54 AM
WOW!WOW! I like Black walnut pineapple!
:drool:

mokai
10-15-2009, 03:45 AM
WOW!WOW! I like Black walnut pineapple!
:drool:

you're fishy to me

I mean no offence, but you're samleel posting in the samwill thread
not only that, but every post you've made after joining in april has been in the samwill thread
your 1st post was right after people started giving sullivan a hard time.

Maybe I am just paranoid, and the samwill thread is the only thread that has sparked your interest in the past 6 months or so.

djny
10-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Maybe samleel is interested because he/she lives in HK and can get these locally.

By the way--
WOW WOW! I like the looks of these pineapple ukes, too!:drool:

mokai
10-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Maybe samleel is interested because he/she lives in HK and can get these locally.

By the way--
WOW WOW! I like the looks of these pineapple ukes, too!:drool:

i hope that's the case. Where is leftovermagic84 and his UU mystery machine when you need him.

On a positive note: every picture on this thread makes me drool

Matt Clara
10-15-2009, 04:29 AM
i hope that's the case. Where is leftovermagic84 and his UU mystery machine when you need him.

Why in the world would you possibly care? Dude wants to schill for a uke company, be it his or another, it's still on topic here, let 'em have at it. We're all grown up and can decide for ourselves what to make of it.

mokai
10-15-2009, 05:26 AM
Why in the world would you possibly care? Dude wants to schill for a uke company, be it his or another, it's still on topic here, let 'em have at it. We're all grown up and can decide for ourselves what to make of it.

First of all, we are not all grown ups. Check out the UU average age poll for proof of that.
there is no way for me to give you a legit answer to your question without sounding like I am further accusing samleel.
I care for two reasons:
1. If it's true, I want everyone to be aware.
2. If it's untrue, I want everyone to know I am wrong.
humor me for a moment:
Lets pretend samleel is related to samwill in some way. If that's the case, pretending to have no relation is deceitful

Next, lets pretend there is a buyer who has a high moral value and would hate to give their hard earned cash to a company that purposely deceives them. Do I keep what I noticed to myself and think that they're adults and can figure it out and decide for themselves? Or, do I mention something just in case they didn't read the thread thoroughly enough to notice.

Samleel and Sullivan, If I am just paranoid, I apologize sincerely for having brought this up in this thread in the first place.

an insight to my source of skepticism:
I got PMed yesterday by babiiDrew617. He asked me If I wanted to trade an ukulele I had for sale for one of his. He posted a picture of GX991's ukuleles saying they were his own. Without the help of other UU members who 'cared' enough to mention it, I may have fallen for his trickery and lost an ukulele.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20302

ukeskywalker79
10-15-2009, 08:37 AM
Those pineapples are amazing. Are any of them available for immediate sale? I don't see them on the ukulele world website? It's a shame we can't buy from you directly :(

Ahnko Honu
10-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Here is our Bolivian rosewood pineapple!
Sullivan you temptress, please stop! :drool:

Ahnko Honu
10-15-2009, 08:39 AM
Here is our Black walnut pineapple!

Alright, just send me all four pineapples in exchange for my first born son. :D;)
They are all beautiful.

RevWill
10-15-2009, 09:06 AM
I love the double rosettes on those pineapples with the rope binding. Beautiful!

ichadwick
10-16-2009, 01:58 AM
I have personal experience with these ukes - I ordered and received a pineapple soprano a few months ago. It's a good product and well made, nice sound and good volume. No regrets or complaints about it.

I prefer tenors, though, and have enough confidence in their product that I am considering another purchase, this time one of their larger ukes. My only problem at present is Susan's decree that I have to sell a uke or two before I'm allowed to bring a new one in. I also need to help finance another purchase!

I have two sopranos that will be up first (an Ohana zebrawood is the other). So I may offer this Samwill soprano for sale here very soon. If anyone is interested, PM me. Pics and comments are on my uke review page.

sullivan924
01-12-2012, 07:13 PM
It has been quite some time since my last activity in the forum. Of course, I am not disppear. We are still working on our ukulele business. This year, we promote some slim line models. Please check if you are interested in them. TKS!

sullivan924
01-12-2012, 07:23 PM
It is Acacia koa with two circle woodrope bindings.

Bill Mc
01-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Sullivan, if one had an interest how does one go about purchasing a ukulele from your company ? Any links to a website or US distributors ?

sullivan924
01-12-2012, 09:26 PM
I am sorry. We are manufacturer of OEM ukuleles, and we do not directly sell to individual now.

sullivan924
01-12-2012, 10:03 PM
There are two designs, one is all laminated ebony masscar, the other is solid spruce top,with ebony masscar.

sullivan924
01-12-2012, 10:19 PM
All models of silm line models

Bill Mc
01-13-2012, 07:57 AM
I am sorry. We are manufacturer of OEM ukuleles, and we do not directly sell to individual now.

Why post pictures of your product if you cannot answer the simple question of who distributes your product or how one might purchase the product ?

bbycrts
01-13-2012, 09:11 AM
They sure look a lot like the "Talina" brand that Ukulele World has right now. Not all the fine details match, but the basics do...

Slim line acacia soprano (http://www.ukuleleworld.com/TALINA-SLIM-LINE-SOPRANO-UKULELE-Model-AKSB-21-Acacia-Koa-A-thin-thin-Soprano-Uke-with-a-big-big-sound-Limited-Available-at-189.html)
Slim line macassar (http://www.ukuleleworld.com/TALINA-SLIM-LINE-SOPRANO-UKULELE-Model-EMBS-21-Ebony-Macassar-Powerhouse-voice-for-a-thin-thin-Soprano-Uke-Limited-Available-at-162.html)
Slim line mahogany (http://www.ukuleleworld.com/TALINA-SLIM-LINE-SOPRANO-UKULELE-Model-MBS-21-MightY-Voice-and-Great-Resonance-for-a-thin-thin-Soprano-Uke-Limited-Available-at-127.html)

stevepetergal
01-13-2012, 10:20 AM
That looks just like the handmade bridge I'm selling in New York City. See it at handmadebrooklynbridgebeingsoldtofools.com

bbycrts
01-13-2012, 02:06 PM
That looks just like the handmade bridge I'm selling in New York City. See it at handmadebrooklynbridgebeingsoldtofools.com

Nice. Research before you judge - Ian Chadwick, I believe, has owned one of these and it was a pretty nice little uke. I appreciate that Ms. Sullivan posts the pictures here. I like to see what's being developed. Like I said above, I strongly suspect the "Talina" brand at Ukulele World is a branded version of SamWill's ukes.

Here's Ian's review of a pineapple SamWill he had: LINK (http://www.ianchadwick.com/ukuleles/samwill.htm)

sullivan924
02-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Thank you so much for reading and checking out our ukulele models. We have a series of new models of 2012. Please check them later.

sullivan924
02-24-2012, 09:48 PM

sullivan924
02-24-2012, 09:59 PM