Moonlight Flea / Fluke

beeejums

Reaction score
Does anyone have a moonlight (blue) Flea / Fluke? I'm going to buy a flea, and it's between the orange one and the blue one... my wife likes the blue one, but I can't find any decent pictures that show the color. The ones I have found range from a dull gray-blue (which I don't like) to a deep color with metallic flecks?

That doesn't seem right.

Anyway, if anyone has one that color, post pictures? Maybe? Pretty please?

We got a Moonlight flea last summer at Sam Ash in Orlando. It was a metallic slate blue color, very pretty. We took some photos, but because of the metallic paint the flash just flared on it.

It's a pretty color. We had a car years ago that was the same color. :D

My local friendly uke dealer sells midnight blues, it was just as sailquest said, I didnt get a close enough look to see if it was sparkley per se-

Truth be told, the hibiscus red caught my eye. :)

My local friendly uke dealer sells midnight blues, it was just as sailquest said, I didnt get a close enough look to see if it was sparkley per se-

Truth be told, the hibiscus red caught my eye. :)

I like the red too... but I already has a red uke. Gotta branch out. :D

My cameras suck right now, but I have the moonlight bule Fluke and it looks NOTHING like the pictures on FleaMarket's page. Its very close to the photos on elderly instruments. And as luck would have it, I have a link http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/FLUKE-MB.htm

Its a very nice blue, but not very "metallic" in my opinion.

My cameras suck right now, but I have the moonlight bule Fluke and it looks NOTHING like the pictures on FleaMarket's page.

Some of those Fluke and Flea pictures on Flea Market Music's website are among the worst product shots I've ever seen. Really awful. It's almost as if they had just one, stock picture, and they Photoshopped in the different colors.

If it weren't for the excellent pictures of the Ukelyptus Flea on the UkuleleReview blog, I probably wouldn't have bought one.

JJ

If only I made more money......... I would TOTALLY buy a flea...

I just bought this one a few days ago.

http://ukuleleacademy.bigcartel.com/product/flea-ukulele-moonlight-metalic-blue-color

Oddly enough, he had an orange one or this blue one to choose from. Initially I really liked the orange one. I decided on the blue because I am going to use this as my travel uke and I wanted a more subdued color.

The blue does have metal flakes in it. It is one of those colors that changes a bit according to the light. It is darker in less light and more blue with flakes in good light. The picture in the link is in sunlight.

It looks darker in my house. My wife really likes it.

Hope this helps.

I just bought this one a few days ago.

http://ukuleleacademy.bigcartel.com/product/flea-ukulele-moonlight-metalic-blue-color

Oddly enough, he had an orange one or this blue one to choose from. Initially I really liked the orange one. I decided on the blue because I am going to use this as my travel uke and I wanted a more subdued color.

The blue does have metal flakes in it. It is one of those colors that changes a bit according to the light. It is darker in less light and more blue with flakes in good light. The picture in the link is in sunlight.

It looks darker in my house. My wife really likes it.

Hope this helps.

That does indeed help. Thanks!

So, has anyone tried painting the frets with touch up paint / nail polish? I'm afraid the frets being black (like the fretboard) is going to be a problem.

I was thinking of doing this. I have read of people painting the frets and also of using a silver Sharpie pen. Someone on a board said that they actually used the Sharpie on the fretboard just before the fret so that it would last longer.

I have never seen any pictures of this though. I would like to. Maybe you should start another thread just for this topic.

My dream FLEA is a pineapple with wood fretboard. At first I thought the Koa would be nice but nah that defeats what the FLEA is all about, like teets on a bull as my dear old dad used to say. ;)
ba1c_1.JPG

I actually talked a woman into buying that same uke (with plastic fretboard) as her first uke. They are great to learn on because of their playability. When you eventually upgrade you will probably keep it as a travel/bang around uke.

I always seem to come back to my fleas/fluke. Easy to play, durable, sound nice and made in the USA.

Top Bottom