Ice Ice Baby where is it?

MGM

Reaction score
Mgm here in Germany...got some great videos from ukulele manufacturers at Musikmesse 2009. I actually also found a new ukulele accessory product....Had a nice meeting with Aquila String owner Mimmo this morning and learning of some great new things to come from aquila...specifically made for ukulele..not fishing line or tennis rackets..lol But one thing confuses me about Germany...THERE IS A VAST ICE CUBE SHORTAGE LOL Even places like mcdonalds or burger king sell there drinks from the machined dispensers with no ice... No ice in water at restaurants, no ice at the hotels....I am dying for a clear cool glass of ICE water full of ice cubes.....anybody know why......curious minds (mine) want to know

Mgm here in Germany...t one thing confuses me about Germany...THERE IS A VAST ICE CUBE SHORTAGE LOL Even places like mcdonalds or burger king sell there drinks from the machined dispensers with no ice... No ice in water at restaurants, no ice at the hotels....I am dying for a clear cool glass of ICE water full of ice cubes.....anybody know why......curious minds (mine) want to know

That's why they drink beer in Germany. I suggest you do the same.:cheers:

I asked my German friend this question and he said that Germany is really not too big on cold beverages. It waters down the taste

That's why they drink beer in Germany. I suggest you do the same.:cheers:
Uki hits this nail on the head. It's a leftover from the Middle Ages, when drinking water would be similar to drinking gasoline. With the only difference that gasoline does not give you ugly diseases before you pass out.

Beer... drink it, wash your hands in it, use it as hair fixer (this works!), put a keg up on a high place and shower by opening the little tap in the bottom, and most of all: don't forget to pronounce it as "BEE-AHR" with the R leaning towards an accentuated throaty G-sound.

Aloha MGM...

Hey Mike,

I certainly didn't expect to hear anything about 'ice' on your trip over to Germany. Go figure. We'll we're all looking forward to hearing more 'uke life' in Germany so don't leave us hanging too long. :D

be well my friend,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

nice vid Mike!

about that ice: I think sometimes it's necessary to ask for ice in the drink (though you should usually simply get it in the first place...)

and just for the record: I am German, 21, in a country which allows you to drink alcohol by the age of 18 (they set the age up a year ago, before that you could get alcoholic drinks at the age of 16 too, and most kids at 13-15 simply walk into a store and buy it still, so they didn't really change much with the new laws) and I do not drink beer nor any other alcoholic drink. well, okay, I do also speak more english than german lately, play the Uke and several other stuff that makes me different than the "average" german...

my favorite drink: http://fritz-kola.de/ :cheers:

I asked my German friend this question and he said that Germany is really not too big on cold beverages. It waters down the taste

How can ice water down a glass of water? :confused:

Top Bottom