a chat room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
i am not sure if there is anyway to do this.. but.. maybe.. like an IRC chatroom that is linked right from the forum page.. so people who are online can chat..

what would be super duper cool is if it was like facebook.. and you had that little icon in the corner to see how many "friends" are on.. and who has there chat open.. anyway that can be done..

i like talking with people live.. its fun!

okay.. thats all..

oh yeah.. a contest thread would be cool also..

d

I'm a moderator on a forum using the base (vBulletin, I think). We've got a Shoutbox (built in chat room on the top of everypage) as well as an in-browser IRC room.

Its a site for pen-spinning, but check it out if you want to see what I mean: www.upsb.info

The shoutbox can be seen only if you register, and on the top bar, click 'IRC Chat' to see the built in IRC launcher.

I think the shoutbox would be really helpful here, I know we have that chat option, but its on a seperate page and whenever I go there I'm the only person logged in, and having an active shoutbox on everypage would make it easier for people to chime in to answer quick questions. (not to mention that simple questions can be asked there rather than making new threads and mucking up the board) ;)

i do penspinning aswell...i didnt know there was a forum on this. thanks

^ ;) well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom