How do I get my new mic to play in adobe premier?

Denno

Reaction score
Hia!

I just got my brand new mic today. I plugged it into my soundcard but now I want to get the sound from that one instead of the videocam I use to record picture. What settings do I change to make this happen?

I am using Adobe premier 2.0

Help! :bowdown:

What operating system are you using?

Windows? Mac? Linux? CP/M?

JJ

go to preferences>audio hardware then select your soundcard model (or mic model if it is a usb device) in the drop down menu

sorry for edit forgot to mention do this within premier your os has nothing to do with it

Last edited:
Well I been looking at that part. But it does not matter what I change to. The sound get picked up from the videocam anyway. :(

IN cubase I use ACIO DirectX Full duplex to make the mic sound. But when I put the same in adobe it makes no difference. :(

In Adobe I can pick the following options.
ACIO DirectX Full duplex
Premier pro windows sound
ASIO directX Driver
ASIO Multimedia driver
ASIO4all v2.

Thats it. But none of them makes my videocam to shut up and collect the sound from the soundcard with the mic. :(

is your cam plug and play or does it have drivers and software? also what soundcard do you have, if you have a soundcard designed for pro audio(m audio or e-mu or such) with patching software you may have to use the soundcard software to route the signal

Last edited:
Its a plug and play cam. Its a old JVC digital videocam I am using to record picture. So I have not installed any software for it.
Connected trough firewire, if that makes any help. :)

I just got my brand new mic today. . . What settings do I change to make this happen?
The Irish prefer not to be addressed that way anymore, not politically correct and all that. And I didn't know they had settings.

Fortunately I live not too far from where they're made so I'll go ask.

I usually address any mic questions to Howling Hobbit.

And I prefer not to have the g added back to my name. Thin Q very much.

also i don't know if you can do this in cubase but i use nuendo 4(cubase's more more expensive bigger brother) and you can record audio through nuendo and record video on whatever application you like then import the video into nuendo and sync it up that way, a complicated solution but just a suggestion

Yeah well I did a testrun of that now. And made a recording in cubase and filmed with the cam. But its much more wasy if its possible to record directly in adobe. But maby this is not possible with my cam. :(

like your vids by the way, we should start something off where we both record a track or one of us on cubase and post it on here so people can import it into they're daw(ableton or cubase,pro tools,logic)then add they're own track,mix it down then on to the next person.

Thanks! :)
Yeah well I am brand new to this cubase. But anyway I managed to put a video up on youtube in a few. With Sugar babes about you now. My first test with my new mic. But feels like I can get some adjustments made with it also before its perfekt. But its way better then my old sound in the videos...and this time...you get to see the face...if its good or not I can say...*LOL*

Top Bottom