New Ono Baritone

saltytri

Reaction score
This one was strung up yesterday and is headed to Honolulu with me tomorrow for the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii Annual Exhibition. I'm looking forward to the builders and players seminars and also to meeting some of the Guild members and UU crowd!

The back and sides are myrtle, the top is redwood, the neck is Spanish cedar with a maple stringer and the fretboard and binding are ebony. The initial tuning is linear C using a mongrel set of strings chosen by trial and error for tone and balance.

Last edited:
Great clean looks as always David. I have a personal sweet spot for mongrel string sets. Last night I strung up a tenor with the new Oasis smooth wound G string, a South Coast wound C string and Worth CT for the E and A strings.

Have a great time at the exhibition, sounds like a lot of fun and very educational no doubt.

Sweet, Sweet work David ... you are a talented man!

Dave is the mad string changer ... I can't keep with the string changing madness ...

:rofl:

Maybe Dave should change his UU name to OnOffDave because he takes so many strings on and off. :) But he may have the last laugh on this one. I always say that players who experiment with their strings are often amply rewarded for their trouble!

Maybe Dave should change his UU name to OnOffDave because he takes so many strings on and off. :) But he may have the last laugh on this one. I always say that players who experiment with their strings are often amply rewarded for their trouble!

At the risk of sounding offensive........Chuck Moore said it took him a long time to realize my name of DownUpDave was not sexual in nature and now you want me to change it to OnOffDave. Chuck will blow a gasket ;)

Another nice one, David. Maybe it "belongs" with that other myrtle you're toting to Hawaii! ;-)

Another nice one, David. Maybe it "belongs" with that other myrtle you're toting to Hawaii! ;-)

Except that it has a destination after passing through Hawaii to absorb the ambiance. Hint: it has plastic fret board markers so as not to violate the Lacey Act.

As is the pattern, the best one made is the last one made. Beautiful work.

As is the pattern, the best one made is the last one made. Beautiful work.

Yes very nice. And I have it on good authority that the next one will be even better. :D

Very nice! Congratulations!

Thanks to all for you nice thoughts!

I just arrived in Waikiki and can report with good authority that it sounds fine in its native habitat. :) :)

Top Bottom