NUD Ohana SK-75R

kdmccullum

Reaction score
Just arrived yesterday. Complete with a case that fits it like a glove and has a small indentation for my humidifier.

I've played mostly my Tenor for the past couple of years. My daughter claimed my Kala KA-SLNG long neck soprano as hers so I decided it was time to try soprano again. To my delight, I can play the soprano sized neck with no issues. Guess all that time with my tenor paid off.

Solid spruce top with solid rosewood back and sides. It will need some time to open up but I like the sound of it already.

IMG_20151118_172956510.jpgIMG_20151118_173020879.jpgIMG_20151118_173049774.jpgIMG_20151118_173107946.jpgIMG_20151118_173116788.jpg

Nice little players. Congrats. Have fun with different strings.

That's a beauty. Love the case, too. Very cool colors. Enjoy!

Congrats, very nice wood combination. And yes, that case looks super cool, too. What brand of case is that?

Thanks everybody. Plan to put some Martin M600s on in the next week or so. The stock strings are fine but I have found that every uke has a specific string that works best and you have to try them all before settling on the right one. Stays in tune, sounds great and looks superb.

As for the case, I think it came from Ohana. There are no markings on it to identify the maker. Elderly is selling the combo at a discount right now and when I called to ask them about the case they said that when they placed the order for the 75r ukes they were all delivered with the cases. It's got an arch above the strings that allows an air gap to the indention where the humidifier goes. It fits my Humistat humidifier perfectly.

Congrats! Ohanas are very nice ukes for the money.
I bought Tammy two cases like that last year. One is for her bari, one is for her tenor. I have no idea who makes them, Compass Music nearby is the dealer here.

That's a lovely looking Ohana. Congrats.

Top Bottom