On Nov.20 PBS

Pukulele Pete

Reaction score
Nazareth, PA – C.F. Martin & Co., the oldest surviving maker of acoustic guitars in the world, will be featured in an upcoming special episode of "Craft in America," the award-winning documentary series on PBS, on November 20th at 10pm ET (check local listings). This hour-long episode, titled "MUSIC," focuses on how fine handmade instruments, including ukuleles, trumpets, banjos and guitars, are crafted as well as the talented artists who play them. The episode culminates by highlighting C.F. Martin and Co., giving viewers an inside look at the Martin Guitar Company's Custom Shop, as well as musician and political activist, Joan Baez, who has been playing Martin guitars for over 50 years. :drool:

KVIE 6 in N. Califirnia (Sacramento) is airing it Sunday, 22 Nov. at 1:00 pm.
Set those DVRs!

Here's all that the KQED website says about Craft in America for us San Francisco viewers: "This program is not airing on this channel during the next two weeks." Just one more reason why I don't give them any $ besides my income tax dollars.

Hey , don't forget to set your DVR. Don't say I didn't remind You.

Last edited:
Thanks for alerting us to this, Pete. I really enjoyed it, especially learning about the other instruments and how they're crafted. Was fun to research how much they retail for. We got it good with ukulele prices!

It was a GREAT program. I really enjoyed it, especially the banjo part. I was also surprised that I enjoyed how good Ol' Phoney Joanie sounded. I guess the sixties was a long time ago--good music trumps politics.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. I even managed to stay awake. :eek:ld:

I loved the section on Kamaka. What a neat company and history.

Top Bottom