Source for individual Worth strings?

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
My google-fu is coming up empty. Does anyone know where I can buy single Worth strings? Or design a custom set? Not the low G, I did find that. What I need is the E string from a tenor set to combine with 3 strings from a baritone set for an experiment.

Short answer: no. no source found during my own string experiements...

Long answer: I once wanted to do something similar with a CM set and a CL set for an experiment too. I ended up buying both sets as normal.

Fellow UU brother Bazmaz had a thread (and video) a few months ago in which he gave the spec for using fluorocarbon fishing leader, and how it compared to Worth strings. maybe you can get a small spool of the leader in the optional gauge, and just add that to an existing set for your test?

Not sure it will be much cheaper than buying a second package (which is enough for 2 sets) of Worth strings @ ~ $12-15 depending which set.

Other folks have also detailed using fluorocarbon fishing leader and what gauges too here in the forum over time. The thread I remember most had posts from OldePhart (Jon), and he gave the string gauges for light/medium/heavy sets on all scale lengths.

Thanks, kinda what I figured. I remember those OldePhart posts too but I don't want to get into all that. Probably will just get the two sets if I decide to go through with it. Might be a hare brained scheme anyway. Hmm, I think I'll follow up on my old thread to see if anybody else thinks so.

Top Bottom