What chords names

Franky1

Reaction score
Hi guys I have not been playing long, so to stretch my understanding I am learning a christmas song solo piece . So to the point, the tab has no chords just finger position, I have got most of the chords C,D,G all with different voicing, I undertand that much. There are two chords I dont understand.... 5757 and 7879 what are these chords names, any help would be appriciated on those two , BTW I am using a baritone DGBE tuning
Thanks

You could work out the notes by working down the string to your finger position, each fret raising the note by a semitone.
(So if your first string is an 'E', then 5 semi tones up would be an 'A'.)

Just tried that thanks ive got a Am7 dont know if that is correct on 5757 thanks uke1950. ...

7879 is a C major as far as I know. BTW, do you use the first number for the string closest to the floor when you're holding the ukulele?

Yeah I do, 7 being the e string and 8 the b string then 7 again the g string then 9 the d ...

www.ukulelehelper.com might help you here...

5757 could be C6, Fmaj9 or Am7 (notes CGAE)
7879 could be E9, G#m7-5, Abm7-5, A#13-9, Bb13-9 or Bm6 (notes DABG)

Does that fit your song somehow?

Yeah I do, 7 being the e string and 8 the b string then 7 again the g string then 9 the d ...
Well, that changes things apparently. Not only due to baritone, but also due to reverse naming. Usually the chords are fretted from nose to floor (string sequence D G B E), so you're actually seem to be looking for bari chords 9787 (Gmaj as Rodney said) and 7575 (F#dim or Am6) - correct?

Thanks again guys for all your help, this makes sense, as a biginner I miss things that I am learning ,the light has just gone on.. this place is like your own private tutor....

Top Bottom