Double new user day

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Double new uke day

I went to the Milwaukee ukulele Festival yesterday. As soon as I walked in I saw that Lil Rev was selling his John Morton tenor resonator. One of these has been on my radar for several years.
I snatched that one up ASAP.

There is always a raffle at this festival where 10 or so new ukuleles and related items. I fell in love wit here a Kalamazoo arch top and put a few raffle tickets in that jar. I won it!

Photos to follow after T-Day.

Last edited:
Wow! What a great day for you!

Awesome! Should've bought a PowerBall ticket, too. ;-)

Congrats, that would really be something special to have a uke that Lil Rev used to play!

I finally got home and have been checking out the Kala Archtop. The one that I won is a KA-JTE/HBC. I hadn't realized till yesterday that Kala has three different archtop ukulele's. http://www.kalabrand.com/Models/Kala/Archtop/DetailsPageArchtop.html

I like the one that I got. The pick guard gives it an interesting look. This one also has a custom tailpiece and floating bridge. It has good sound with the included Aquila strings. I like the inlay as well. While this will never replace my Kamaka acoustic or my resonator ukuleles, I am pretty sure that I'll keep this little jazz uke.

Santa showed up early for you!!! Congratulations!

I've tuned the Morton resonator to a mountain modal tuning gCFG. Wow! It sounds like a dulcimer festival!

Top Bottom