Soprano hard cases ???

pluck

Reaction score
I have a hard case for one of my sopranos and it's a tight fit. There is practically no room to spare. If my uke were 3 mm longer I don't think it would fit at all. I've seen photos of other cases that are like this also. Is this done on purpose? Is this actually a good thing? It seems like having a half inch of clear space at the top would be better but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks.

When I got my first Collings (a concert, but size doesn't matter), I was surprised at how snug the cases are (and these the factory OEM cases).You don't want it moving around in the case. Depending on body/case fit, you can sometimes have room at the top without it moving but if it moves around some people will fill space with a soft linen towel.

Thanks, Eddie. There won't be any moving around in my case.

My Oahu hard case just fits my Koaloha. My Luna brand soprano foam case has lots more room for accessories. It looks huge when side by side with the Oahu. I trust the Oahu one a bit more in case a gorilla was standing on it.

Making the case fit the instrument

If you would give some dimension such as: overall length and then break it down to length of the neck and the body also needs the width of the front and back bouts. The depth of the waist would also help. Those of us who have hard cases to sell need to know dimensions. The thickness of the body would also help.

Top Bottom