Christmas Music Starts Soon

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
Every year we get all pumped up for Christmas!!! Got 9 xmas Gigs between black Friday and the 19th of Dec. Already started practicing and getting the cob webs off. I am amazed how much we remembered from last year, considering we haven't play them since Dec 25, 2014

My two favorites are Mele Kalikimaka and Christmas Island.

What are your favorites?

At our usual weekly session we decided to try the Christmas songs last week, and to be honest, we did every one of them spot on, first time, possibly better than we did them last Christmas! Of the ones we do, Frosty The Snowman is my own favourite, and I do like to croon White Christmas when I am on my own.

Our group has started to practice our Christmas music. We are adding some new tunes so we don't get stale but on the repeats from last year we already are sounding pretty good.

This year we're adding Sponge Bob's "Don't Be a Jerk, It's Christmas" to our annual Culver City Senior Center holiday show. We do "Hannukah in Santa Monica" as well, our little bit of comedy relief.

as long as you guys agree to play nice, if you will PM me, I will
send you a pdf of the STRUM Holiday Songbook.

Know this, the songs are mostly copyrighted by others, so this will
be sent out for educational purposes as you endeavor to learn how
to play these songs for personal use.

keep uke'in',

PS I will need an email address to send the pdf file to :)

Last edited:
as long as you guys agree to play nice, if you will PM me, I will
send you a pdf of the STRUM Holiday Songbook.

Know this, the songs are mostly copyrighted by others, so this will
be sent out for educational purposes as you endeavor to learn how
to play these songs for personal use.

keep uke'in',
thanks. but isn't the link already in your signature? they are hard to read though as there seems to be 2 copies , one on top of the other?

Last edited:
thanks. but isn't the link already in your signature? they are hard to read though as there seems to be 2 copies , one on top of the other?
Yes, for some reason I'm getting the same thing.

I downloaded one of the pdfs directly and was able to see it fine.

"Merry Christmas from the Family" Robt Earl Keen; "Fairy-tale of New York" The Pogues (more of a guitar song for me); "That was the Worst Christmas Ever" Sufjan Stevens.

Not an uplifting one in the bunch.

Last edited:
Our group has three performances during the holidays. We've been asked to do more, but our group didn't want to be too busy. We started dusting things off before Halloween.

Mele Kalikimaka is one of our favorites. I also did a ukulele version of I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas. It is a lot of fun. Feliz Navidad is another a good one for us. We also do a lot of traditional carols and hymns. Folks don't realize how the older stuff (Victorian era and beyond) can be quite tricky.

I taught my first graders the Batman version of Jingle Bells, and Rudolph with the "like a lightbulb" echo parts. They think that's pretty funny. My personal fave is Christmas Island.

I'd love to learn Christmas Island. I've never heard it before. I've heard Don't Be a Jerk once, it was great. Wish I had the song sheet for that too.
This year is the first time I've ever been able to do Mele Kalikimaka. We have about 30 songs picked out for our Christmas Jam Session on the 19th. I can't wait to do Hava Nagila!
A few of us are playing at an ALF on the 24th. Don't know which songs we'll do yet.

I'd love to learn Christmas Island. I've never heard it before. I've heard Don't Be a Jerk once, it was great. Wish I had the song sheet for that too.
This year is the first time I've ever been able to do Mele Kalikimaka. We have about 30 songs picked out for our Christmas Jam Session on the 19th. I can't wait to do Hava Nagila!
A few of us are playing at an ALF on the 24th. Don't know which songs we'll do yet.
Nickie, here's a link to our site with our Christmas tunes. You will find the song sheet for Christmas Island there. If you go to YouTube and check out Jimmy Buffet's rendition you can pick up the tune easily. It's a fun song. http://www.turlockukejamz.org/christmas.html
Joe

Our Uke Club did this with Hava Nagila in Oct. For the Jewish Heratige Festival down on King Street in Charleston SC for the folks at Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRAaFDV-1n8

Lots of Fun!!! The club is the www.lowcountrystummers.com

Just got the complete set list for our holiday show (Cali throws in some other tunes just for variety, including a tribute to Sinatra):

Jingle Bells
Deck the Halls
I'm a Believer
Silver Bells
Simple Gifts
Hanukkah in Santa Monica
Feliz Navidad
Fly Me to the Moon
Those Were the Days
Grab a Little Sunshine
Mele Kalikimaka
Don't be a Jerk, It's Christmas
Winter Wonderland
Let's Twist Again
Que Sera Sera
We Wish You a Merry Christmas

I'm offering a slightly different Holiday Compilation, STRUM's most recent Holiday Songbook :)

I will need a good email address to send the pdf file to, and it's about 3mb in size :)

keep uke'in',

I have two hobbies: In the fair weather, I am an avid bicyclist. Right around now, as Christmas approaches, I become an obsessive ukulele player.

Christmas is a great excuse to pull out my holiday medley sheet, re-memorize it, and start carrying my uke everywhere I go. There's no more opportune time for an impromptu sing-along than this time of year. And the songs are so easy and intuitive. After Christmas, I have trouble coming up with songs to play when I'm around people.

Needless to say, although I'm not a big fan of the holidays themselves, this is my favorite time of year to be a ukulele player.

Top Bottom