PDA

View Full Version : WTB: baritone hard case to fit a Favilla

seonachan
11-23-2015, 08:04 AM
I normally keep my Favilla baritone in a gig bag - it never really leaves the house so I'm not so concerned with protection, but I would like a hard case for it so I can keep it humidified during the winter. I have a very nice Oahu bari case, but it's too shallow for the Favilla. I need something with at least 3.75" depth for the body (plus a half inch for the bridge/saddle/strings). I'd be ok buying a cheaper case like the Musicians Friend but I'd like to make sure the Favilla will fit before buying. Or if anyone has a bari case you're not using and would like to sell....

thanks!

Jim Hanks
11-23-2015, 09:15 AM
I used the Ohana heavy gig bag (there were two thicknesses when I got it) with the Bruko and kept a humidifier in it. Never had an issue but I never had a hygrometer either so... For whatever that's worth

danersen
11-27-2015, 12:28 PM
Hello,
If you haven't found something, perhaps, this might suffice.
Four photos herewith - bottom depth interior, top depth interior, overall depth exterior, open case.
Be Well,
Dan

seonachan
11-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Hi Dan,

I sent you a pm.

strumsilly
11-30-2015, 01:51 PM
which flavor do you have , a hot stamp or a Herk F paper label, they are diff sizes. My hot stamp one fits loose in the MF standard case. Perfect with a wiping towel stuffed in the bottom. I think the paper label ones will also fit, but I sold it and don't remember.

seonachan
11-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Haha Strumsilly, you sold it to me! It fits in the Oahu case perfectly except for the depth.

strumsilly
12-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Haha Strumsilly, you sold it to me! It fits in the Oahu case perfectly except for the depth.haha. I go throough so many ukes that I forget who I bought them from and sold them to.

JonThysell
12-02-2015, 10:02 AM
My 19" scale bari has a pretty thick body and it fits nicely in a guardian vintage baritone ukulele case:

http://www.amazon.com/Guardian-CG-044-UB-Vintage-Hardshell-Baritone/dp/B001BNTQG4/

Though my uke's neck isn't as thick as a Favilla.

Kupuna50
12-14-2015, 08:24 AM
I have a brand new Stagg Baritone case.
3 3/4 depth
10 1/2 side at lower bout
7 1/2 at upper bout
31 1/2 length
All are internal measurements.

Let me know if you are interested.
Zack
waikoloa64@yahoo.com