WTB: Taylor Tenor Ukulele

LittleCeci

Reaction score
Hi,

One of my friends wants to buy a Taylor Uke badly, but it is quite hard to find one. Does anyone know any available? I only know it is limited edition, sold as a set with a Taylor guitar.

Thanks,
Cecilia

taylor2.jpg
taylor1.jpg

Last edited:
As I recall, Taylor made very few, and they were built and sold only as part of a uke/guitar set.

I guess you could buy the set and sell the guitar, but they are probably worth more as a set. only 50 of these mahog sets were made. mighty fine looking uke too. I have a Loprinzi sunburst mahog I'd sell for much less. Probably not as perfect as the Taylor, but it has a misi too. just sayin these Taylors are probably priced more than they are worth because of the limited supply. good luck though, I'll keep my eyes peeled.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taylor-Buil...293262?hash=item235d6d344e:g:9a4AAOSwEgVWRdFl

Last edited:
i got to try one that someone brought to a uke fest. nice uke--plays very similarly to a nice Kanilea

I also got to play one owned by a fellow student and Asilomar this year. It sounded great and probably the most comfortable and natural balance and neck of any uke I have tried to date. The owner had also bought the set just for the uke and sold the guitar.

This is a tempting deal. You may not see another for a long while.

I guess you could buy the set and sell the guitar, but they are probably worth more as a set. only 50 of these mahog sets were made. mighty fine looking uke too. I have a Loprinzi sunburst mahog I'd sell for much less. Probably not as perfect as the Taylor, but it has a misi too. just sayin these Taylors are probably priced more than they are worth because of the limited supply. good luck though, I'll keep my eyes peeled.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Taylor-Buil...293262?hash=item235d6d344e:g:9a4AAOSwEgVWRdFl
Hi, thank you so much! I bet your Loprinzi sunburst mahog is awesome!

i got to try one that someone brought to a uke fest. nice uke--plays very similarly to a nice Kanilea

Aloha, thanks for your reply. I think my friend likes the design and the look of Taylor ukes, haha.

I also got to play one owned by a fellow student and Asilomar this year. It sounded great and probably the most comfortable and natural balance and neck of any uke I have tried to date. The owner had also bought the set just for the uke and sold the guitar.

This is a tempting deal. You may not see another for a long while.

Hi, thanks. Yes I know it is limited edition, only 50 sets. I will inform my friend of that. Thank you :)

I know that there is a relationship between Kanilea and Taylor on UV finish, do you think Kanilea built the Taylor ukulele?

Getting a Kanilea may be the next best thing.

John

I know that there is a relationship between Kanilea and Taylor on UV finish, do you think Kanilea built the Taylor ukulele?

John

I also heard that these two have some similarities. .. Thanks :) I wil tell my friend about this :)

John

It does have a Kanile'a looking bridge...

Hi There,

Andy Powers, who basically does the design work and is Bobs successor builds ukes. Call Taylor and ask to apeak to Andy

Mark

OK, we've managed to see the page, thanks again! ;)

No problem! By the way, Kim Sherman at Cotten Music runs a fantastic store and is awesome to deal with! Good luck to your friend.

Top Bottom