Ohana SK-25 vs 35/38

kdmccullum

Reaction score
I've got a question or two for anyone who has played various Ohana sopranos. I own the SK-75R which I love, and prior to that I owned the SK-25z which I could never get to stay in tune so I sold it.

I'm looking to get another one (I know I know UAS) to contrast the spruce top 75R. That way I have a bright soprano and a mellow soprano. At least that's what I'm telling my wife :cool:.

I'm looking at the all mahogany 25,35,38 ukes. Not being able to put my hands on them to test is a bit frustrating so I'm wondering if there is anybody who has played these models and can tell me if the neck profiles are the same. I played two of the Ohana concert ukes (a CK-25 and a PCK-25 pineapple) and the necks were different thicknesses.

Basically I'm trying to match the quality of my 75R with an all mahogany uke that has the same neck thickness as my 75R.

Kurt

I bought an Ohana for a holiday gift for a friend's daughter from MIM, and she sells a lot of Ohanas. You might wish to email her and ask your question. I found her to be extremely quick and thorough as a vendor. She often publishes videos to answer customer requests.

I bought an Ohana for a holiday gift for a friend's daughter from MIM, and she sells a lot of Ohanas. You might wish to email her and ask your question. I found her to be extremely quick and thorough as a vendor. She often publishes videos to answer customer requests.

Yes to this. I've bought three Ohanas from Mim and she's always been helpful in choosing one that worked for me. I have the SK-35G and loooove it! I don't have large hands or long fingers, so the neck is perfect for me.

+1 for Mim.

I have the SK-25 and it is excellent! Lovely mellow mahogany tone. I have not played any other soprano Ohanas, so I can't comment there, but the SK-25 is hard to beat.

Top Bottom