Thanksgiving: Ukulele Building Timeout

sequoia

Reaction score
For those of you non-Americans, tomorrow is a holiday in America known as "Thanksgiving". We will not be building ukuleles. Instead, we will kill tens of millions of birds (American turkeys), heat them in our ovens for hours until the juices run clear, dismember their carcasses with our hands and sharp tools and then eat their flesh. We will add cranberries, a type of sour berry native to North America that grows in swamps and boggy places and drink wine. For desert we will eat a type of squash pie made from pumpkins and drink more wine. Later, we will have to play card games with auntie Edna and her strangely silent husband Fred. This is not necessarily fun, but it has to be done because it is Thanksgiving. Thank your lucky stars you live in Wales or Kathmandu or wherever.

Picture below of our President "pardenering" a turkey. It will be spared from death and sent to a farm where it will live out it's natural days in happiness. Probably building ukuleles.

151121093226-turkey-5-exlarge-169.jpg

Yes, there will be feasting in America today, and don't forget the football games! But mostly, I will be thankful for the blessings I so richly do not deserve but most thoroughly enjoy every day of my life.... including building ukulele's. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Top Bottom