PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Deals ... what Uke or Gear did you get?

sam13
11-27-2015, 06:53 AM
Hey All,

I am pretty excited.

With I just bought my first amp: A Fishman Loudbox Artist.

Cosmo Music site.

All of my Tenor and Baritone Ukes have pick ups, so it was about time.

With the extra savings today, I was able to save about 22% with free shipping. Which is great pricing for Toronto, ON.

What did you get?

photoshooter
11-27-2015, 07:04 AM
I didn't get anything yet but I was looking through the deals at Amazon and saw the Fishman Loudbox Mini is 20% off using the code MUSIC20OFF

Very tempting but not a purchase I need to make right now.

UkerDanno
11-27-2015, 08:22 AM
here's what I'm getting...

DownUpDave
11-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Nothing..........yet.........the day is not over:p

hammer40
11-27-2015, 01:43 PM
While not Black Friday, I did purchase an Alvarez AU70B baritone uke yesterday. Came across a good deal, so I went for it. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.

Dan Uke
11-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Congrats Simon. That's the next amp I want to get but realistically I won't be getting anymore.

actadh
11-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Last year on Black Friday I picked up my Martin OXK. Not uke related, but this year I picked up a Micro Pedalflow folding bike. Had to give equal time to my other Acquisition Syndromes.

Inksplosive AL
11-27-2015, 05:15 PM
Not ukulele related but after spending $400 and another $200 in parts to have all the hard brake lines replaced on my 20 year old Mustang, I bought South Park: The Stick of Truth and DLC for just $8.72 on steam.

Mattyukaholic
11-27-2015, 10:44 PM
I couldn't resist a cocobolo concert! Now the long but exciting wait for delivery begins!!

photoshooter
11-28-2015, 02:13 AM
Looks like Guitar Pro 6 is 20% off this weekend.
Hmmmm.....

Doc_J
11-28-2015, 03:45 AM
Strings By Mail has 15% off all strings this weekend. I picked up a couple Oasis sets.

drmosser
11-28-2015, 03:46 AM
I didn't get anything yet but I was looking through the deals at Amazon and saw the Fishman Loudbox Mini is 20% off using the code MUSIC20OFF

Thanks for posting this! I had been waiting for a good deal on a Fishman Loudbox Mini for a while now. This ended up being less than $250 with this discount code and with my Amazon Prime I get free 2-day shipping, too. Sweet deal!

With an amplified ukulele, I will soon be torturing those around me like never before. ;)

natchez
11-28-2015, 04:11 AM
Strings By Mail has 15% off all strings this weekend. I picked up a couple Oasis sets.

Picked up some spare string sets. On sale at Amazon I picked up a Blue Yeti USB Mic, and just for good measure a Zoom H1, too.

Now I will be able to torture those around me, but myself as well, and possibly the world :-).

photoshooter
11-28-2015, 04:24 AM
Thanks for posting this! I had been waiting for a good deal on a Fishman Loudbox Mini for a while now. This ended up being less than $250 with this discount code and with my Amazon Prime I get free 2-day shipping, too. Sweet deal!

With an amplified ukulele, I will soon be torturing those around me like never before. ;)

Glad to be of service :)
I really wanted to buy it but my wife would probably neuter me. This way I can live vicariously through you and still sing in my original key.
Enjoy!!

DownUpDave
11-28-2015, 04:35 AM

Great grab. I have had a Loudbox mini for about 5 months and it is fabulous. Played at an outdoor pool party with it and it's got LOTS of sound

"sam13" who started this thread is a friend and we play together so he has played my Loadbox mini and loved it. It prompted him to get the Loudbox Artist model. Naturally it had to be a bigger amp than mine.......some guys.....always doing the one up manship thing :p

librainian
11-28-2015, 04:36 AM
I was tempted by Apogee electronics BF refurb deals, specifically a Duet for 499. I resisted though. Yay me! I spent most of yesterday helping my dad transition to a rehab center and feeling thankful and fortunate.

Captain Simian
11-28-2015, 05:28 AM
A couple of sets of Aquila Super Nylgut since Strings & Beyond has 15% off and free shipping all weekend.

Ukejenny
11-28-2015, 10:03 AM
No shopping here yet. We are in the middle of decorating inside and out, so our hands are full. Sounds like a lot of great deals out there!

Booli
11-28-2015, 01:00 PM
No new toys for me just yet due to the need to build up funds first.

Oddly, I'm not really tempted by much, other than maybe a Konablaster baritone which I will string and tune like a tenor guitar in CGDA since discovering fifths tuning...

In the past week I've gotten SO MANY emails advertising Black Friday deals, that by WED, I was completely saturated and stopped even reading them. Been deleting them too.

No FOMO here. FYI: FOMO = [F]ear [O]f [M]issing [O]ut, which was an internet meme for a while that all the kiddies were pushing.

Rllink
11-28-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm hoping for some after Christmas sales. I've already gotten most of my Christmas shopping done, and I don't want to buy a lot of stuff for myself right now. It would be better to wait until closer to the New year.

Down Up Dick
11-28-2015, 03:57 PM
I had a great Black Friday (on Saturday)! I picked up a package of Hanes Shorts and some T-shirts too and at 30% off!

C'mon, even Jake probably wears underwear! That's probably the only thing we have in common! :old:

sculptor
11-28-2015, 06:00 PM
Glad to be of service :)
I really wanted to buy it but my wife would probably neuter me. This way I can live vicariously through you and still sing in my original key.
Enjoy!!
I guess you too suffer from the Wife Hates Ukulele (WHU) syndrome. :(

coolkayaker1
11-28-2015, 06:39 PM
I got a new set of binoculars.

mac1012
11-28-2015, 07:56 PM
I got the vox mini 5 on amazon for 75 pounds on flash sale they normally retail at 97 on there , its very rare you see them reduced I had to be quick as they only allow a certain amount on flash sale and they all went in less than an hour , I like the portability of it and has some great features best of all two lines one for instrument and one for mic which the roland mini cube dosent have, it also comes with mains supply

tbeltrans
11-29-2015, 03:30 AM
udemy.com had a sale with the incredible price of just $15 each for a bunch of their courses. They have very little for ukulele directly, but a number of courses for general music application. I got all of Rose Suen's series on the circle of 5ths and another on playing by ear. She mentions piano, guitar, and ukulele, since these courses are about general musicianship. I have known about and generally how to use the circle of 5ths for years, however I am always interested in new uses and perspectives on things I already know, and that series provides this. Not ukulele-related, I also got the Stillpoint piano method (which could translate to other instruments using its meditative approach to composing), the well known Pianoforall course, and the complete series on composing music. Considering that many of these courses typically sell for around $150 - $250 each, this sale represented a tremendous savings. I got all the course I am interested in at the site, with the total cost being about half what one of these should cost, and is probably the best and most surprising sale I have ever seen.

I don't know if they will have a Cyber Monday sale. The sale during which I purchased came up suddenly via email and was over just as quickly.

Tony

Rllink
11-29-2015, 04:04 AM
I guess you too suffer from the Wife Hates Ukulele (WHU) syndrome. :(I don't know why people have the urge to run in and show their spouse something that they just bought. I've found, over my thirty some years of marriage, that sharing one's hobbies and passions with a wife who is not interested, is just asking for grief. Better to just bring it home, keep your mouth shut about it, and if she happens to notice, you can say, "this old thing, I've had it for years, I just don't get it out very often."

Tootler
11-29-2015, 04:10 AM
Being British, I am annoyed by the way our businesses have latched on to Black Friday as it's linked to nothing here. It's just an excuse to con into spending money they don't have on things they don't need and can't afford.

We went and did our regular weekly food shop.

Tootler
11-29-2015, 04:12 AM
I don't know why people have the urge to run in and show their spouse something that they just bought. I've found, over my thirty some years of marriage, that sharing one's hobbies and passions with a wife who is not interested, is not a good strategy. Better to just bring it home, keep your mouth shut about it, and if she happens to notice, you can say, "this old thing, I've had it for years, I just don't get it out very often."

My wife and I have different hobbies and we work on a live and let live principle. Neither criticises the other's purchase on their hobbies. As long as we have the money, it's OK

Rllink
11-29-2015, 04:53 AM
My wife and I have different hobbies and we work on a live and let live principle. Neither criticises the other's purchase on their hobbies. As long as we have the money, it's OKIt isn't always about the money. Sometimes it is just about sharing the incessant preoccupation with it. My wife doesn't care what I buy, and she doesn't care to hear about it either.

igorthebarbarian
11-29-2015, 08:27 AM
My wife and I have different hobbies and we work on a live and let live principle. Neither criticises the other's purchase on their hobbies. As long as we have the money, it's OK

This is how my wife and I operate. Then again we both work so that absolutely helps.

Croaky Keith
11-29-2015, 08:51 AM
It's my money, (& as long as the bills are paid), I do what I like with it, & nobody else should care. :cool:

actadh
11-29-2015, 08:56 AM
This is how my wife and I operate. Then again we both work so that absolutely helps.

I will never afford enough ukuleles to match the cost of various boats that have sat in the yard over the years. And, I don't care. It is not a contest.

sam13
11-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Thanks for all of the positive information ... I was able to put an order for strings at Strings By Mail and saved 15% ... not much, but is sure helps!

igorthebarbarian
11-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Outdoor Tenor Ukulele all are $25 off right now

Booli
11-30-2015, 02:25 AM
Well, ok, I finally caved.

The discounts on certain strings on Strings By Mail, as well as the Cyber-Monday discount for Strings and Beyond were too good to pass up, and since I'm a string junkie, I ordered different string sets for various instruments (for the lowest price) from each...

explicitly for going further down the rabbit hole with fifths-tuning. :music:

Ukulele Eddie
11-30-2015, 02:58 AM
I don't know why people have the urge to run in and show their spouse something that they just bought. I've found, over my thirty some years of marriage, that sharing one's hobbies and passions with a wife who is not interested, is just asking for grief. Better to just bring it home, keep your mouth shut about it, and if she happens to notice, you can say, "this old thing, I've had it for years, I just don't get it out very often."

Word of caution: lying is generally not a great foundation for a relationship. ;-)

Fleacia
11-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Too bad no one with sales carries Living Waters strings. :( I.e. I didn't get anything, and my wallet remains thankful!

actadh
11-30-2015, 01:36 PM
Too bad no one with sales carries Living Waters strings. :( I.e. I didn't get anything, and my wallet remains thankful!

Well, get $255 worth of Living Waters strings from Uke Republic and you will get free shipping.

Booli
12-01-2015, 04:59 AM
Well, get $255 worth of Living Waters strings from Uke Republic and you will get free shipping.

well...

this gives me an idea...

maybe we could do a group buy of that amount or more?

not sure how that would work

or if enough of us call and email to Strings and Beyond and talk to Mike Griggs, or Strings By Mail and talk to Jon Wunsch, and beg and plead, maybe they will carry them.

Both offer free shipping once you meet the minimum order threshold.

spookelele
12-01-2015, 05:07 AM
well...

this gives me an idea...

maybe we could do a group buy of that amount or more?

not sure how that would work

or if enough of us call and email to Strings and Beyond and talk to Mike Griggs, or Strings By Mail and talk to Jon Wunsch, and beg and plead, maybe they will carry them.

Both offer free shipping once you meet the minimum order threshold.

But then.. you gotta split the crate and mail it to everyone.. which is going to cost $.

Rllink
12-24-2015, 03:18 AM
Word of caution: lying is generally not a great foundation for a relationship. ;-)

Caution noted.;) It will all catch up to me someday, I'm sure. But at least I'm smart enough to give her ear rings and art for Christmas, and not a ukulele.