Black Friday Deals ... what Uke or Gear did you get?

sam13

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am pretty excited.

With I just bought my first amp: A Fishman Loudbox Artist.

Cosmo Music site.

All of my Tenor and Baritone Ukes have pick ups, so it was about time.

With the extra savings today, I was able to save about 22% with free shipping. Which is great pricing for Toronto, ON.

What did you get?

I didn't get anything yet but I was looking through the deals at Amazon and saw the Fishman Loudbox Mini is 20% off using the code MUSIC20OFF

Very tempting but not a purchase I need to make right now.

here's what I'm getting...
buy0.jpg

Nothing..........yet.........the day is not over:p

While not Black Friday, I did purchase an Alvarez AU70B baritone uke yesterday. Came across a good deal, so I went for it. Now I just have to wait for it to arrive.

Congrats Simon. That's the next amp I want to get but realistically I won't be getting anymore.

Last year on Black Friday I picked up my Martin OXK. Not uke related, but this year I picked up a Micro Pedalflow folding bike. Had to give equal time to my other Acquisition Syndromes.

Not ukulele related but after spending $400 and another $200 in parts to have all the hard brake lines replaced on my 20 year old Mustang, I bought South Park: The Stick of Truth and DLC for just $8.72 on steam.

Strings By Mail has 15% off all strings this weekend. I picked up a couple Oasis sets.

I didn't get anything yet but I was looking through the deals at Amazon and saw the Fishman Loudbox Mini is 20% off using the code MUSIC20OFF

Thanks for posting this! I had been waiting for a good deal on a Fishman Loudbox Mini for a while now. This ended up being less than $250 with this discount code and with my Amazon Prime I get free 2-day shipping, too. Sweet deal!

With an amplified ukulele, I will soon be torturing those around me like never before. ;)

Strings By Mail has 15% off all strings this weekend. I picked up a couple Oasis sets.

Picked up some spare string sets. On sale at Amazon I picked up a Blue Yeti USB Mic, and just for good measure a Zoom H1, too.

Now I will be able to torture those around me, but myself as well, and possibly the world :).

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this! I had been waiting for a good deal on a Fishman Loudbox Mini for a while now. This ended up being less than $250 with this discount code and with my Amazon Prime I get free 2-day shipping, too. Sweet deal!

With an amplified ukulele, I will soon be torturing those around me like never before. ;)

Glad to be of service :)
I really wanted to buy it but my wife would probably neuter me. This way I can live vicariously through you and still sing in my original key.
Enjoy!!

Great grab. I have had a Loudbox mini for about 5 months and it is fabulous. Played at an outdoor pool party with it and it's got LOTS of sound

"sam13" who started this thread is a friend and we play together so he has played my Loadbox mini and loved it. It prompted him to get the Loudbox Artist model. Naturally it had to be a bigger amp than mine.......some guys.....always doing the one up manship thing :p

Last edited:
I was tempted by Apogee electronics BF refurb deals, specifically a Duet for 499. I resisted though. Yay me! I spent most of yesterday helping my dad transition to a rehab center and feeling thankful and fortunate.

A couple of sets of Aquila Super Nylgut since Strings & Beyond has 15% off and free shipping all weekend.

No shopping here yet. We are in the middle of decorating inside and out, so our hands are full. Sounds like a lot of great deals out there!

No new toys for me just yet due to the need to build up funds first.

Oddly, I'm not really tempted by much, other than maybe a Konablaster baritone which I will string and tune like a tenor guitar in CGDA since discovering fifths tuning...

In the past week I've gotten SO MANY emails advertising Black Friday deals, that by WED, I was completely saturated and stopped even reading them. Been deleting them too.

No FOMO here. FYI: FOMO = [F]ear [O]f [M]issing [O]ut, which was an internet meme for a while that all the kiddies were pushing.

I'm hoping for some after Christmas sales. I've already gotten most of my Christmas shopping done, and I don't want to buy a lot of stuff for myself right now. It would be better to wait until closer to the New year.

Last edited:
Top Bottom