New Kinnard 'luthier reserve' model ukulele

Take my word for it: it's even "wower" in person.

Take my word for it: it's even "wower" in person.

nice to see you at the UGH show David...good luck in the future..
yep many nice ukes last weekend....:)

Thanks, Len! I enjoyed meeting the Ukulelesite gang and all of the welcoming folks of the Guild. This is a very worthwhile event if you want to see quite a few first rate ukuleles in one place.

Yes David, the kinnards are even sweeter and eye candy in person. Very high end drools
Kevin and wife did a great job presenting and promoting John's fine ukes. Every one a masterpiece.
Your ukes were beautiful too, and Andrew has them for sale also. Was a pleasure spending time with you both :)

Last edited:
That is a stunning uke. It's beautiful in both sound and look. I don't personally like the look of the fret markers, but that doesn't take away from the incredible craftsmanship.

It really is beautiful. John tied together many different woods but made it come together just right!

Love the sweet sound on this Kinnard. And the different woods and design make it look unique. Very nice uke. For cutaways, personally I prefer ones more rounded than pointy, in terms of aesthetics. Just a personal preference, but this one also fits that bill too. Tempting.

I think this is Kevin telling John that he gets to make whatever uke he wants to make and money is no object. So this is what John felt like making that particular day and the next one will be something altogether different. A very cool concept since you know you are getting something completely unique, made from the absolute top of the top quality everything and if it rings your bell then you are willing to pay the premium. If you have a different vision in mind then you can always ask John to make that too, as my daughter says "sup-to-you" :)

what makes this $4500 vs the other one being $3300?

what makes this $4500 vs the other one being $3300?

Good question. Looks like there are several upgrades that all add up : oval soundhole, Torrified spruce top, cocobolo wood with tiger maple, custom fret markers, custom bridge, backplate on the headstock, 3-piece neck, ...

Good question. Looks like there are several upgrades that all add up : oval soundhole, Torrified spruce top, cocobolo wood with tiger maple, custom fret markers, custom bridge, backplate on the headstock, 3-piece neck, ...

Yes, plus each uke in the Luthier's Reserve line will be a one-off design, not to be repeated.

Last edited:
Did someone here buy it? I see that it has been sold!

Wow! There's just so much there to take in. The back and the sides are just lovely.

Greg

Top Bottom