NUD: Kala Ukadelic "Tropical Night"

Kiwiohana

Reaction score
So, in a far cry from my last NUD (Pono ETCPC) here is my latest purchase!

I wanted a cheap but reasonable ukulele that I could leave in the car and not worry about. I also wanted a soprano as the closest I had was a Vitauke. And I wanted something with a large slice of fun factor.

So, after a bit of googling, enter the Kala ukadelic series.

What a fun little instrument. Yes, I will need to change the strings as these ones don't sound the best (Worth CM on order)- but that will give me practice at strings changes, so that's fine.

To me, this symbolises all the fun that uke playing is. When it arrived at work, my colleagues were saying what a great little instrument - quite a contrast to the Pono that most people wouldn't understand why I would spend $NZ2,000 on a uke!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
A relative got a Kala Ukadelic for my niece, but it wasn't as cool-looking as this one. This one is great. Definitely digging the "scenic view" on it! Nice choice!

I like my little Kala; it's really nice for the $$. The Ukadelics look like fun!

I have one of the Kala Ukadelic "Tiki" models. Surprisingly better playing and sounding then some ukes many more times their price point. Just like the surprisingly decent playing and sounding low price Dolphin & Shark Ukes. I had thought a time or two of selling, but each time I tried, even recently, I felt it was a bad vibe thing to do considering it is a Tiki, after all. So I decided to keep it as a travel uke in our RV for a quick grab player and, of course, good vibes & luck.
image.jpg

I have one of the Kala Ukadelic "Tiki" models. Surprisingly better playing and sounding then some ukes many more times their price point. Just like the surprisingly decent playing and sounding low price Dolphin & Shark Ukes.

That Tiki is very cool. You definitely don't want the curse that will descend if you get rid of it! :rolleyes:

I had intended to get a Dolphin or Shark, because I agree they are amazing for the price. I went for the ukadelic because in the end I liked the idea of the print. I actually bought a Dolphin at the same time as a gift for a friend.

Both offer astounding value. Even down here at the bottom of the world, the Dolphin and the Ukadelic cost the equivalent of US$30 and US$45 respectively, and they are both definitely instruments not toys.

I'm well chuffed.

Top Bottom