Collings UT2 Figured Mahagony $1500 shipped (no fees)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevelele

Reaction score
This Collings tenor is pretty great. I've had it for about a week or so--in fact after I bought it, I wrote a note telling the seller that it's amazing and I was totally happy with it. Beautiful figure, great Collings sound, amazing fit/finish. Not as good as a Moore Bettah, Devine or a Grimes, of course, but still great. (I put that in there just so it doesn't seem like I'm over-priming it--i've seen some threads questioning sales descriptions lately)

collings1.jpgcollings2.jpgcollings3.jpg

I'm only selling it because in the last two days, I lost a ton of money in the stock market. My main holding went down 45% (an oil stock). It's ok, but I have to sell some stuff I just bought so I have more spending money for the holidays. NO TRADES--there's no way that I can find another uke of this quality at this price anyhow.

there's a small ding on the headstock, but it's not really noticeable. Let me know if you're interested. Here's the original seller's post. I used some of his photos, just because I didn't have time to take more myself:
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...nor-Ukulele-in-Figured-Mahogany-(Serial-1371)

Last edited:
Hi Steve,
Don't sell that stock and lock in your loss. I'm in a similar situation with one of my stocks for a considerable loss...Try not to dwell on it. It'll come back around.

Ukes may be a very good investment right now....Hmmmm...this one sure looks nice, with a nice price!

Wm.

good advice--the problem was that i tried to average down and foolishly siphoned a bunch of my cash (that I need) to reduce my average cost. Maybe it'll pay off, but psychologically I feel like I shouldn't have unnecessary expenses lying around and could use the cash that I let go.

Hi Steve,
Don't sell that stock and lock in your loss. I'm in a similar situation with one of my stocks for a considerable loss...Try not to dwell on it. It'll come back around.

Ukes may be a very good investment right now....Hmmmm...this one sure looks nice, with a nice price!

Wm.

just put this on fleakmarketmusic. If it doesn't sell in a week or so, I might be ebaying it

Steve...I'd be interested if the Dentist didn't raid my account this week.

Best of luck on the sale!

I hope your teeth are ok! Those dental bills can be brutal

Steve...I'd be interested if the Dentist didn't raid my account this week.

Best of luck on the sale!

I'm kind of surprised that nobody wants this. Maybe I'll keep it

What sort of tuners are on it? Are they just friction tuners or are they geared?

What sort of tuners are on it? Are they just friction tuners or are they geared?

I can answer this for you Scottiver. Collings ukes come with Peghed tuners. They look like violin tuners, but are in fact geared tuners at a 4:1 ratio. They are very lightweight and work great. Collings ukes are very balanced and with the radiused fretboard and slim necks are very easy to play. This one is a beauty!

Thanks Dana!

I can answer this for you Scottiver. Collings ukes come with Peghed tuners. They look like violin tuners, but are in fact geared tuners at a 4:1 ratio. They are very lightweight and work great. Collings ukes are very balanced and with the radiused fretboard and slim necks are very easy to play. This one is a beauty!

Are Collings fretboards 1 & 3/8" wide at the nut?

Are Collings fretboards 1 & 3/8" wide at the nut?

Yes. And to me, they have the perfect neck shape. Not too thick, not too thin and with a perfect profile.

More photos
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 38
Hi, Steve.

Sell your small-cap oil stock to capture the year-end tax loss now, and immediately reinvest the money by buying oil ETF, XLE (which is mainly the big energy companies--Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Halliburton, etc.) and sit tight. In a year, you'll be very glad you diversified and held on to oil.

As to your ukulele, it is stunning! What a great price for an uncommon ukulele. Superb! If I was in the market for a tenor, I'd be buying it. It's lovely. Cheers, Steve, for the holidays. Steve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom