PDA

View Full Version : First Public Performance is for the Birds

rappsy
12-02-2015, 11:10 AM
You can't make this stuff up.

Over the weekend, my wife and I took a trip to the west coast of Florida to St. Pete Beach and I bought my Uke. (Before I hear about it, no, I did not leave it in the trunk. :cool: )

One of the mornings, I decided to take it with me onto the beach and sat in one of the chairs and started playing. Shortly after, I heard a noise and looked up to see a pigeon on the wires directly above my head.

Thinking ahead, I picked myself off the chair and walked around playing. 20 or so minutes later, I come back to the original chair and the pigeon had christened the chair with his decidedly unflattering comments about my playing. If I been sitting, it would have changed my hair color.

This is my first public performance. One for the books.

natchez
12-02-2015, 11:15 AM
LOL- some say it good luck to be blessed by a pigeon.

kohanmike
12-02-2015, 11:21 AM
...on your wedding day.

DownUpDave
12-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Lenny that was too funny, good thing you had the foresight to move before the dye-job :stop:

Seagulls have very bad taste anyways. I mean they eat garbage all day so their opinion holds no weight what so ever. Now if you had of been sprayed by a skunk..........

PhilUSAFRet
12-03-2015, 02:14 AM
BE happy it wasn't a pelican

pbagley
12-03-2015, 03:54 AM
And Don't Worry about a thing. It will be all right, even if future audiences continue to display their poor taste in music and musicians. You've still got friends here.

KoaDependent
12-03-2015, 05:17 AM
The bird must have been a guitar player. They're always crapping on us.

rappsy
12-03-2015, 06:22 AM
The bird must have been a guitar player. They're always crapping on us.

LMAO. Great quote.

Tonya
12-03-2015, 10:49 AM
My first public playing with my new Moore Bettah was in one of the gardens/parks at Honolulu Airport as we were flying back home. I didn't realize we were near a door for Hawaiian Airlines employees and I soon had a group of six training employees standing behind me and listening (thank goodness I had no idea). They left and were followed by a bevy of those little Hawaiian doves (you know, the kind that makes the distinctive-to-Hawaii 'coocoo coocoo' sounds?). The doves clustered around me as I played. And no poop.86051