Mya-Moe Curly Myrtle Concert Classic

ukuleleden

Reaction score
As briefly mentioned in another thread, here is the Mya-Moe I ordered. Curly Myrtle Concert Classic with Port Orford Cedar Neck(Carbon Fiber Rod reinforced)/14-Fret to body Radiused Maple fretboard and Maple bridge.

This is my first Mya-Moe, and I'm absolutely thrilled to finally acquire one in the Curly Myrtle w/Maple FB Concert configuation I preferred from their Cascade series. The Curly Myrtle is finished with the hand-rubbed oiled finish, Walnut body binding & Walnut Rosette, Peghead tuners, Leaf fretboard inlay, Walnut neck binding, and topped of with a Walnut/Maple signature Mya-Moe headplate.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

That's a beauty. Does this mean you won't be needing your #5 Special Bruko anymore?

That's a beauty. Does this mean you won't be needing your #5 Special Bruko anymore?

Thanks!

Regarding the #5, arguably not a need, but most certainly a want becuase of it's uniqueness!

Congratulations! It is a beauty.

Very nice. You have a great collection. I have to catch up! UAS is a good thing especially around holiday time.

I saw that one, that is a beautiful piece of myrtle! The chatoyance is excellent. With the maple board and walnut binding, truly a classic piece.

Looking forward to your non-review NUD completely subjective opinion when you get it!

I saw that one, that is a beautiful piece of myrtle! The chatoyance is excellent. With the maple board and walnut binding, truly a classic piece.

Looking forward to your non-review NUD completely subjective opinion when you get it!

Yes, a really nice instrument. And BTW Ryan, lol, you are so correct.

Thanks Recstar! And LOL! @ that last sentence, I was dangerously close to projecting my drink as I read that!:p

Very nice. You have a great collection. I have to catch up! UAS is a good thing especially around holiday time.

Lately the collection has experienced a bit of ebb and flow. With some exceptions, the usual suspects that receive common praise around these parts tend to be at least long-lasting acquisitions,mid not permanent. I find it both fun and rewarding to not only keep improving on my playing, but the instruments as well.

Cool! The maple bridge and fretboard is classy.

Yes, I always liked the departure of that uncommon combination. If these are like my other Maple instruments, they'll likely darken up just a bit over time...

She's a beauty!

Concert is my preferred size. What a beauty. I just got a curly maple concert.......wish it was this one. Congrats.

Concert is my preferred size. What a beauty. I just got a curly maple concert.......wish it was this one. Congrats.

Yes, while I own all size ukulele scales (except baritone), concert seems to be where I am focused these days for the most part.

Congrats on your Concert if I missed or am forgetting the thread. Remind me, Phil.. Which concert uke did you get? And was it Maple or Myrtle?

Congratulations on a really beautiful instrument, I agree with everything Ryan said.......except for the completely subjective NUD:p

I look forward to a gushing, glowing, slathering verbal buffet of acolades. If it is not over the top positive I will report you and have your UAS memebership card revoked.

Mya Moe are great instruments, made by people that really care and you have yourself a gorgeous one. Be proud laddie.......be proud.
Screw subjective.........that's for blenders and toaster ovens.

Congratulations on a really beautiful instrument, I agree with everything Ryan said.......except for the completely subjective NUD:p

I look forward to a gushing, glowing, slathering verbal buffet of acolades. If it is not over the top positive I will report you and have your UAS memebership card revoked.

Mya Moe are great instruments, made by people that really care and you have yourself a gorgeous one. Be proud laddie.......be proud.
Screw subjective.........that's for blenders and toaster ovens.

Thanks Dave! I will be certain to post that very gushing & bias review when it arrives.:p
Tracking shows it is scheduled for a Wednesday arrival.

-Den

Top Bottom