PDA

View Full Version : Mya-Moe Curly Myrtle Concert Classic

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 03:42 AM
As briefly mentioned in another thread, here is the Mya-Moe I ordered. Curly Myrtle Concert Classic with Port Orford Cedar Neck(Carbon Fiber Rod reinforced)/14-Fret to body Radiused Maple fretboard and Maple bridge.

This is my first Mya-Moe, and I'm absolutely thrilled to finally acquire one in the Curly Myrtle w/Maple FB Concert configuation I preferred from their Cascade series. The Curly Myrtle is finished with the hand-rubbed oiled finish, Walnut body binding & Walnut Rosette, Peghead tuners, Leaf fretboard inlay, Walnut neck binding, and topped of with a Walnut/Maple signature Mya-Moe headplate.

pluck
12-03-2015, 03:51 AM
That's a beauty. Does this mean you won't be needing your #5 Special Bruko anymore?

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 04:02 AM
That's a beauty. Does this mean you won't be needing your #5 Special Bruko anymore?

Thanks!

Regarding the #5, arguably not a need, but most certainly a want becuase of it's uniqueness!

actadh
12-03-2015, 04:14 AM
Congratulations! It is a beauty.

RichM
12-03-2015, 04:16 AM
Cool! The maple bridge and fretboard is classy.

Bert16
12-03-2015, 04:17 AM
Very nice. You have a great collection. I have to catch up! UAS is a good thing especially around holiday time.

UkieOkie
12-03-2015, 06:00 AM
Great looking Uke. Congrats.

Recstar24
12-03-2015, 06:13 AM
I saw that one, that is a beautiful piece of myrtle! The chatoyance is excellent. With the maple board and walnut binding, truly a classic piece.

Looking forward to your non-review NUD completely subjective opinion when you get it!

hollisdwyer
12-03-2015, 06:17 AM
I saw that one, that is a beautiful piece of myrtle! The chatoyance is excellent. With the maple board and walnut binding, truly a classic piece.

Looking forward to your non-review NUD completely subjective opinion when you get it!

Yes, a really nice instrument. And BTW Ryan, lol, you are so correct.

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 09:40 AM

Thanks Recstar! And LOL! @ that last sentence, I was dangerously close to projecting my drink as I read that!:p

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 09:42 AM
Great looking Uke. Congrats.

Thanks Ukie!

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Very nice. You have a great collection. I have to catch up! UAS is a good thing especially around holiday time.

Lately the collection has experienced a bit of ebb and flow. With some exceptions, the usual suspects that receive common praise around these parts tend to be at least long-lasting acquisitions,mid not permanent. I find it both fun and rewarding to not only keep improving on my playing, but the instruments as well.

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 10:01 AM
Cool! The maple bridge and fretboard is classy.

Yes, I always liked the departure of that uncommon combination. If these are like my other Maple instruments, they'll likely darken up just a bit over time...

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 10:04 AM
Congratulations! It is a beauty.

Thanks Laura! As you know from your own Maple Brüko #2, Maple is a nice wood to have on an instrument.

fretie
12-03-2015, 10:07 AM
She's a beauty!

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 02:31 PM
She's a beauty!

Thanks Fretie! Much appreciated!

PhilUSAFRet
12-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Concert is my preferred size. What a beauty. I just got a curly maple concert.......wish it was this one. Congrats.

ukuleleden
12-03-2015, 05:02 PM
Concert is my preferred size. What a beauty. I just got a curly maple concert.......wish it was this one. Congrats.

Yes, while I own all size ukulele scales (except baritone), concert seems to be where I am focused these days for the most part.

Congrats on your Concert if I missed or am forgetting the thread. Remind me, Phil.. Which concert uke did you get? And was it Maple or Myrtle?

DownUpDave
12-04-2015, 02:39 AM

Congratulations on a really beautiful instrument, I agree with everything Ryan said.......except for the completely subjective NUD:p

I look forward to a gushing, glowing, slathering verbal buffet of acolades. If it is not over the top positive I will report you and have your UAS memebership card revoked.

Mya Moe are great instruments, made by people that really care and you have yourself a gorgeous one. Be proud laddie.......be proud.
Screw subjective.........that's for blenders and toaster ovens.

ukuleleden
12-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Congratulations on a really beautiful instrument, I agree with everything Ryan said.......except for the completely subjective NUD:p

I look forward to a gushing, glowing, slathering verbal buffet of acolades. If it is not over the top positive I will report you and have your UAS memebership card revoked.

Mya Moe are great instruments, made by people that really care and you have yourself a gorgeous one. Be proud laddie.......be proud.
Screw subjective.........that's for blenders and toaster ovens.

Thanks Dave! I will be certain to post that very gushing & bias review when it arrives.:p
Tracking shows it is scheduled for a Wednesday arrival.

-Den

ukuleleden
12-09-2015, 03:21 AM
Well, late yesterday afternoon UPS changed the delivery from today to tomorrow. I guess the holiday shipping times has taken hold. The upside is the Martin T1K gets a reprieve from its case and some more play time today...

UkieOkie
12-09-2015, 04:22 AM
Thanks for he update.

ukuleleden
12-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Thanks for he update.

Considering the cooler temps it is shipping thru and to, when it does finally arrive, I'll have to let the package acclimate slowly before I open it. Patience has been required with this order, despite my excitement of anticipation of playing it!

Nickie
12-09-2015, 07:25 AM
Congrats on a fine looking uke! I had no idea walnut wood was that light in color. How long was the wait from the day you ordered it?

ukuleleden
12-09-2015, 10:23 AM
Congrats on a fine looking uke! I had no idea walnut wood was that light in color. How long was the wait from the day you ordered it?

The main body wood is Curly Myrtle, not Walnut which is why you may been looking for a different color. Walnut was used for the body and neck binding and half of the headplate. It hasn't arrived yet but about 10 days since ordering it as it was already built when I purchased it from their "available now" inventory. I lucked out as it was the same spec'd concert I out from their build page.

kvehe
12-09-2015, 05:33 PM
I love it; I'm sure the two of you will be very happy together!

ukuleleden
12-10-2015, 03:20 AM
I love it; I'm sure the two of you will be very happy together!

Thanks, and I hope so too, Kathryn! Current delivery status shows it made it all the way to an "Out for delivery" status, so it's currently on a brown truck somewhere in New York...

DownUpDave
12-10-2015, 03:44 AM
Living in Canada I can relate to having to wait for a package to warm up. My Mya Moe (sycamore tenor) was delivered in Feburary, -20 outside. I was home that day and waiting for 6 hours before opening the box was more then I could stand. I had to leave the house to avoid temptation.

I am looking forward to your review once you have spent some time with it.

ukuleleden
12-10-2015, 04:04 AM
Living in Canada I can relate to having to wait for a package to warm up. My Mya Moe (sycamore tenor) was delivered in Feburary, -20 outside. I was home that day and waiting for 6 hours before opening the box was more then I could stand. I had to leave the house to avoid temptation.

I am looking forward to your review once you have spent some time with it.

Looks like I got lucky, it's been very unseasonably warm yesterday and today.. Near 60's today and the next several days too. This despite the overnights during the last week putting frost on everything outside. Typical time the regular UPS truck shows up is early afternoon, but it seems the holiday shipping surge changes all of that removing any expectation of time.

Recstar24
12-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Just saw that this uke is back for sale on the MM website, hope everything was OK!