Anyone have the the Ibanez artwood series tenor guitar

uketanzon

Reaction score
I know everyone sings the praises of the Blueridge br40. Any have the solid top Ibanez parlor size tenor guitar? Would be interested in feedback. Thanks.

Me too! There's a thread on tenor guitars in the Guitar Forum below the uke forums in case you missed it, but no info yet on the Ibanez. You might also have some luck on Mandolin Café if you haven't checked there also.

I have an Artwood and I like it a lot. I have the parlor body since I find dreadnaughts a little bulky. It was set up well out of the box and I have never had to tweak the neck. Not a super loud guitar but not real quiet either. I'm actually going to install a soundhole pickup in the next couple of weeks so it's easier to record.

I know everyone sings the praises of the Blueridge br40. Any have the solid top Ibanez parlor size tenor guitar? Would be interested in feedback. Thanks.

Yes, I have the Ibanez AVT1NT. I posted in the guitar forum when I got it.

I know I'm biased, but I really do love it. It came down to the Blueridge or the Ibanez for me. I had no way to play them to compare each, but two things tipped the scales for me. The price was quite a bit less, $299 plus a 15% discount (255.00) versus the much more expensive BR. But more importantly, was that I just loved the old school parlor design of the Ibanez.

The fit and finish was great, it was set up well right out the box and it really just has a wonderful sound. I really think it's a great bang for buck guitar. I tried the 5ths tuning, which is how they come, it's an interesting sound and if I get another TG, I would leave one tuned that way.

Coming from the uke though, I went to DGBE due to familiarity with the chord shapes. I do believe the Ibanez has a slightly narrower neck than the BR. TG's in general do though and that did take a little getting used to. In the end, it actually helped me with my fingering. I was forced to get a leaner and cleaner technique so when going back to the uke I found it really helped me there as well.

How was the action on it though?

I know I'm biased, but I really do love it. It came down to the Blueridge or the Ibanez for me. I had no way to play them to compare each, but two things tipped the scales for me. The price was quite a bit less, $299 plus a 15% discount (255.00) versus the much more expensive BR. But more importantly, was that I just loved the old school parlor design of the Ibanez.

The fit and finish was great, it was set up well right out the box and it really just has a wonderful sound. I really think it's a great bang for buck guitar. I tried the 5ths tuning, which is how they come, it's an interesting sound and if I get another TG, I would leave one tuned that way.

Coming from the uke though, I went to DGBE due to familiarity with the chord shapes. I do believe the Ibanez has a slightly narrower neck than the BR. TG's in general do though and that did take a little getting used to. In the end, it actually helped me with my fingering. I was forced to get a leaner and cleaner technique so when going back to the uke I found it really helped me there as well.

I've also got my Ibanez AVT1NT in Chicago tuning (DGBE). The parlor body shape is nice. He feels less bulky to me than the dreadnought body . Yes it was set up fine right out of the box. The neck (string spacing) feels a little narrow to me, but I've gotten used to it . Mine has a Rosewood head plate instead of ebony, so it was considered a second. Got it new for $225, shipped. Hard to resist at that price. To me it has a full rich steel string guitar sound, plenty loud.

Top Bottom