New uke build

Nickie

Reaction score
Well, I hope this thread is in the right department!
I just picked out wood pieces (which I must say look stunning) for a new "custom" build. I'm excited, this will be my 1st build in over 3 years. This time, I got to try an ukulele from the builder before I decided on him! What luck, he loaned it to me!
More news when I get it. Stay tuned friends!

Thanks UkieOkie,
Yes, that would be Cocobolo Ukuleles, which is a member poster here. I've been conversing with Kevin Keith for over a year about this. He's very nice, very professional. Cocobolo has worked out the drying issues between here and Nicaragua, and he explained all that to me. The company also plants new Cocobolo trees to replace the ones they use in building.
I was very happy with the uke he sent me to play and show to my friends before, during, and after TBUG last month. If it had been a concert size, instead of a tenor, I would have kept it! Try as I may, I cannot reach many chords on a tenor neck.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

If you can post pictures of the build along the way it would be really cool.

John

WOW..........Nickie I am so happy for you :smileybounce:

Congratulations, I know you have been wanting one of these for a while, patience pays off. One of the guys at our uke jam just recently got a Cocobolo tenor, he is super happy with it. We all played it, boys and their toys you know, it was really nice sounding.

What size are you getting, your favorite.........concert?

Last edited:
I've been conversing with Kevin Keith for over a year about this.

Not to derail this thread, but I'm an identical twin. My name is Kevin. My twin's name is Keith. So someone named "Kevin Keith" must be a remarkable guy. Or, at least twice as good as "I" am...

Congrats on the uke!

Yep,
It's gonna be a concert. I'll post pics when I figure out how. I wish I never agreed to having Windows 7.

Here are the pics of the top and the back of the new build.

Nickie McNichols Back 12.3.2015.jpgNickie McNichols Top 12.3.2015.jpg

ARGH! Tried to delete duplicate post but cannot, sorry!

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Congrats Nickie! I love the look of Cocobolo with some sapwood showing. It's going to be beautiful.

Aloha Nickie,
Wow your wood is very nice and i like sap wood in the middle. And the stridations and color of the grain
Really pops, congrstulations, great pick and choice.
Yes i love the bach spine between the sapwood in the gack and the dark spot on the bottom bout of the top
It looks like a island here called chinamans hat island here in hawaiis oahu windward coast.

Last edited:
This should look amazing! I hope it's not too long to wait!

Top Bottom