NUD Aiersi Mahogany Top Ovation Soprano OU-21

whistleman123

Reaction score
When I started looking for my first soprano I wanted something rugged and maintenance free to leave on a stand and take on vacations. But I didn't want to pony up the bucks for a Martin OXK. I'd always liked to look of the Ovation UA20's, but couldn't find a decent used one.

I was hesitant to order a uke direct from China but I'm glad I did!

I contacted Devon Zhu (sale@aiersiguitar.com) through Aiersi's web site to see about purchasing an Ovation style uke. Devon was a gem. He communicated well and often. The price was right (under $100USD shipped) so I ordered one.

At the time I ordered there were none built and he said if I could wait ten days he would have one built for me. No problem!

It arrived a couple of days ago. It was packed very well. The build quality looks very good. No nicks, scratches, or dents. No excess clumps of glue. The neck is straight and level. The first thing I did was lower the action to 1mm at the first fret and 2.5mm at the twelfth. Then I re-strung it with Oasis Warm Low G strings. No buzzing at all!

I REALLY like this uke! It's loud but not deafening and seems to ring a long time. Intonation is right on the money. I'm really going to enjoy playing this uke for a long time.

After this buying experience I would highly recommend Aiersi Ukes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words. To bad no one else shares my enthusiasm for this new uke. I know it's not a vntage Martin, but it is a nice looking, loud, and in tune uke that I hope will stand up to travel and varying temps & humidity without special handling?

Thanks for the kind words. To bad no one else shares my enthusiasm for this new uke. I know it's not a vntage Martin, but it is a nice looking, loud, and in tune uke that I hope will stand up to travel and varying temps & humidity without special handling?

Congrats! Don't worry about a shared enthusiasm, if you like it and it makes you happy, thats what matters! Sound like a good deal too!

Very cool looking uke, enjoy!

Nice uke! I've been looking at those but haven't pulled the trigger. Would love to hear a sound sample or see a video if you get a chance. Happy strumming!

Congrats! Don't worry about a shared enthusiasm, if you like it and it makes you happy, thats what matters! Sound like a good deal too!

:agree:.......................

Thanks for the kind words. To bad no one else shares my enthusiasm for this new uke.

I never gave them a thought until I went to a party where someone was playing an Ovation Applause guitar which is a similar design. He let me fondle it for a while and I was intrigued enough to seek out the uke version. Until your threads I didn't know you could order from the factory in China. Very nice, I like it! Looking forward to seeing more pics or vid.

Congratulations!
Maybe a Martin is next!

In 1975 I bought an Ovation Applause guitar, then a few years later I bought a 12 string version as well. Always liked the look of them, and the sound they put out is great. In mid 2013 when I started playing uke, I looked around for an Ovation uke, but they were way expensive for me at the time. I've seen the Aiersi on eBay every-so-often and have a yen for one, but haven't made the move since I culled my 16 ukes down to my favorite 4. I'm going to give them another look just for the sake of UAS.

Just looked at the site and too bad they don't make a tenor size and no cutaway, oh well.

Last edited:
Just looked at the site and too bad they don't make a tenor size and no cutaway, oh well.

I guess we have similar taste as I was thinking the same thing. I really like the look of the Ovation cutaway tenor. I was under the impression that Aiersi made the ukes for Ovation. If so it seems odd that they discontinued the tenor.

thanks for all friends first. especially for Mr.Dan shared his experienced to buy our aiersi brand ovation ukulele model. this is devon zhu in charge of aiersi ukulele . glad to meet more new friends here. about ovation ukulele, we have soprano, concert and tenor size model. it's a pity not cutway.

about our aiersi, we put over 10 years for guitars in past and start to build our aiersi brand ukulele 3 years ago . that mean, this is new brand for ukulele from china. but developing so faster .because of high quality instrument with lower workshop price. we have dealers to sell our aiersi brand guitar and ukulele over 20 countries today . any friends who want to order our mode we can provide directly! you could find amazing aiersi brand ukes from our business web www.aiersiguitar.com

or you could send me email : sale@aiersiguitar.com , i would like to answer any questions indeed.

best wishes from China aiersi

devon

Greetings Devon, it's nice to hear directly from the source. And also nice to hear that you have the Ovation model in tenor.

hello for all. this is devon zhu from aiersi ukulele again . just took new finished tenor size ovation ukulele for other customer . we have some more in stock! spruce top
if you like, you could contact me by email sale@aiersiguitar.com

aiersi tenor ovation ukulele  (3).jpgaiersi tenor ovation ukulele  (2).jpgaiersi tenor ovation ukulele  (1).jpg

Top Bottom