More about fake Aquila strings

The dark side of being famous: your carefully elaborated product is "honored" by being copied shamelessly.

Shared your PDF on the german Ukulelenclub forum to spread the word.

Sorry to hear about this. I've sent this on to my ukulele friends/family here in China on "WECHAT", the Chinese version (copy?) of "snap chat". Do you have a Chinese translation of your ad?

Hi
the asian ukulele makers since one and half year uses the Supernylgut that it is light pearl colour.
the white colour with a gloving substance inside was stopped.
Many asian fakemakes produce white strings that has not the gloving ingredient inside.
However, the original are always packaged. fake strings not at all.
These fakes are not made using our ingredients, sometime it is fishing line white nylon, sometime the ingredients are similar but a few of different plastics thsat dump the sound
---
Please may I ask the link of the German uke forum?
thanks!
Mimmo from very could Italy

I just bought a couple of sets from Thomann.de and they look very different from what I've seen before. The strings are not packed in individual plastic bags, but have a color mark on them. Are they allright?

View attachment 86090View attachment 86082

Are the Lanikai strings real Aquila Nylgut strings? The package says "By Aquila", then has the Nylgut, below that is the trademark sign in an oval. They are sold by a lot of music stores here in the states, that carry Lanikai ukuleles.

There's too much of this going on. The BBC have a programme on daytime TV here which deals with fake products and the problems they create. The best way to minimise the risk of getting fake Aquila (or any other brand, for that matter) is to always buy from a reputable supplier. It may cost a little more but you're getting the genuine article

You could consider buying direct from Aquila in Italy. I've done that (to get a set that's not widely stocked by dealers) but if you're outside Europe, then postage could be an issue.

Fake products are an huge problem for the producers. Daddario also has a lot of problems with fake strings.
Also for them that are so big it is hard to find a way able to stop this illegal job.
The Hohner Aquila for Lanikai ukuleles are all originals unless somebody make them in Guanghzou city!
Mimmo

Thanks Mimmo!
I'll post this to the peeps of TBUS.
BTW, I adore my Lava strings!
Keep up the good work.

Fake products are an huge problem for the producers. Daddario also has a lot of problems with fake strings.
Also for them that are so big it is hard to find a way able to stop this illegal job.
The Hohner Aquila for Lanikai ukuleles are all originals unless somebody make them in Guanghzou city!
Mimmo
That is good to know, because I like those strings, and I can buy them five sets at a time, for a pretty good price.

I just want to say Thank You to Mimmo for coming here to UU to share his information and his experiences. I think that's pretty cool. Also I too really like the Lava strings. Good job on those.

Top Bottom