JB Hi-Fi's Tribute Ukuleles - affordable option for Australians!

kissing

Reaction score
I have been in denial about posting about these ukes.. but each time I walk into the JB Hi-Fi (big electronics store chain in Australia), I have the guilty pleasure of playing these ukes and being surprised at how decent they are for their price.

Generally I support music stores, rather than these kinds of superstores, but I now own the laminate Koa acoustic-electric tenor and I am very pleased with it.

Here is a photo I took in the store today:

These are surprisingly well setup straight off the wall, have genuine Aquilas and come with an active pickup system.

They come with the same kind of generic active pickup system as Kala and Lanikai.

Personally I do lower the saddle a bit as I prefer lower action, and I replace the undersaddle piezo to a better quality Artec one, but within Australia, I don't think there is anything in this price range that is as good.

The Laminate Koa is nicely done - built with a nice thin piece of laminate with a thin gloss finish. I have mine with D'addario Pro Arte low-G and it sounds great!

The model on the middle seems to be new. I inspected it and found that it is actually a solid top (probably Spruce). It sounded great!

The model on the right is a laminate flamed maple. The top is heavier (it seems they used a guitar top), but it still sounds resonant and mellow.

Any other fellow aussies checked out these ukes? They're surprisingly great value in the entry/intermediate level.

Looks like these might be a good deal if you are local to that store.

A web search led me to here:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/musical-i...ice&sd=1&fc=brand::TRIBUTE;&mf=brand&fm=false

Where you can see the full specs of these ukes for sale. Seems they only sell 'in-store' and do not offer shipping of these items.

Thanks for sharing this info Kissing!

I'm sure some of you who are located in Australia will be happy to know about having another local option, especially with the currency conversion making things in-equal for the AUS dollar.

Top Bottom