I put a low g set on a maple Loprinzi

stophie11

Reaction score
Yes I did and it is the best so far, wound g... kinda wish it was a flourocarbon, will I go to hell for this?

I have a wound G & C on 4 tenors so I will beat both of you guys to the "Hot Spot".

Just love the deep bass, long sustain you get from a wound low G.

Hey stophie 11, welcome to the "hell in a handbasket" club

Not for this, no. As to the general condition of your soul, this isn't enough data to go on. :)

There are many unwound low G strings available - Worth, Freemont, Savarez, Living Water, Southcoast,others I'm sure.

I actually put a set of the new version southcoast linear medium strings everyone was threading about here on the forum on my loprinzi cherry tenor.

To be completely honest, do not like them on this particular instrument. The Loprinzi action is very low....and I feel these strings do not have enough tension for such a low action.....and as such volume suffers. Will be changing back to worth or Aquila or loprinzi strings at higher tension. A 17.oo string experiment that did not work out as planned. Oh well.

Last edited:
The Loprinzi action is very low....and I feel these strings do not have enough tension for such a low action.....and as such volume suffers. Will be changing back to worth or Aquila or loprinzi strings at higher tension. A 17.oo string experiment that did not work out as planned. Oh well.
Before you cut them off, try tuning up a half step or possibly two. If that makes the uke "come alive" then the experiment will not have been a fail. You got nothing to lose at this point,right?

Top Bottom