PDA

View Full Version : FS: Mya Moe 6 String Tenor Master Grade Myrtle

maximumcat
12-06-2015, 04:24 AM
Hello U.U.!
Been struggling with this decision for a while now... And as much as it pains me to do this, certain life circumstances have led me to have to part with the nicest instrument that I have ever played, let alone owned.

But, not to dwell on that... Here's the deal on this masterpiece #973 from Gordon, Char, & Aaron.

I am the original owner.
This is part of the MM Cascade series. The top and back are one piece, master grade myrtle boards. I chose them specifically with the help of Char. They come from the same wood as their "Homecoming Queen" sets. The sides are also from that same set.
The neck is Port Orford Cedar
All binding and rosette are maple, as well as the radiused fingerboard
The custom head plate uses the myrtle from the body and maple.
It is equipped with a K&K Twin Spot Pickup
And it comes with the original hard shell case.
Currently it is stung with a low G

You can check out it out on their website, here:
https://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=973

This instrument was completed in Feb of 2013.
Since then, it was been played and handled with care and respect.
When not being played, it has been kept in its case in a smoke-Free home.
I has only been played in public 4 times.
Other than my wife holding it for a few minutes the day it arrived, no one else has ever touched it, outside of the MM shop.
The sound has opened up beautifully over the past 3 years and it has a wonderful bell tone. Almost like chimes. Perfect intonation and not a buzz to be heard.
There are no dings, finger marks, scratches... As good as the day it arrived.

I am adding some current pics here, as well.

I waited 7 months from the time of order... And, of course, that wait is way more than double, these days.

I am asking $1800 for this Uke. That includes insurance and shipping to the CONUS. PayPal is preferred and I will assume those fees, as well.
Not looking to trade at all.

This is my fist time conducting any transaction here on the UU Marketplace... But, I have been a very active seller of many things for years on eBay with a flawless rating. I will gladly direct anyone to my profile, if needed!

Thanks so much for taking a look or considering. I hope it lands in the hands of someone who will give it a great home and enjoy it for a long time to come!
-A.J.

maximumcat
12-06-2015, 04:48 AM
Here are some pics:

maximumcat
12-06-2015, 05:04 AM
A few more:

shortcircuit
12-09-2015, 02:28 AM
bump from another Mya Moe owner

hollisdwyer
12-11-2015, 06:51 PM
As a previous owner of a Mya Moe 6 string tenor I can say from experience that MM know how to make a unique instrument. These are voiced very well, especially if you play in a group with guitars. They hit that sweet spot perfectly.
If I could have justified owning a larger collection I would have never sold mine when I commissioned my eight string.

mountain goat
12-11-2015, 11:58 PM
Hi maximmcat. Can you possibly provide a sound demo/video, please?

maximumcat
12-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Hi maximmcat. Can you possibly provide a sound demo/video, please?

Sorry for the delay! Holiday time and all...
I will put up a video in the next day or two!