UAS strikes again!

tuscadero

Reaction score
Goddamnit!

I went to my local Daddy's Junky Music, they NEVER have uke stuff, but I like to pick up sheet music there.

Well, it seems they're on the bandwagon now. Yesterday they had a handful of Lanikais and a couple of Hilos behind the counter. Is no place safe for me to shop? I was messing around with a spruce top Lanikai tenor and the store clerk says, "Do you know Fender is making ukuleles? We just got one in the back."

"Whaaaa?!"

I have only seen them online, I totally wanted to play. They had the koa laminate Nohea model, still in the box, not set up, fresh as a friggin' baby daisy. The clerks let me set it up and tune it. Hey why not, I was doing their job for them. Right?

They say that once you touch something, the chances you will buy it increases exponentially...

So, congratulations to me, new owner of a Nohea Fender ukulele. It is, as the name says, lovely.

I thought I knew all about UAS until I saw a uke for sale that literally had my name on it. Haha. :p

Oh yeah, I also have a Fender Nohea on order...it's getting out of hand quick!

i took a look at the fender online.. looks like a fender.. i am curious to see these start popping up in action.. i haver never been happy with an "acoustic" item i have bought from fender.. i had one acoustic guitar.. and then something called a strat-a-coustic.. yep.. it was an ODD number... shape of a strat.. tuners and all.. but this hollow body on the back.. it sounded like a toy.. that was about 3 years ago now..

the UAS is all WWW for me.. no uke shops.. right now i have a cigar box uke that is in the works... my own little contraption i am working on... and well.. i am hunting for a plastic uke.. like you know who has all the time..

d

Congrats on your new Nohea, I was playing with one last week and was impressed with quality and sound in that price range. Wish they made a pineapple. :D

If I can get my fever below 101 I may sneak out today and buy me another uke before my wife finds out, I'm not sure if she'll be more pissed off that I bought another uke, or that I left the house while still sick. :rolleyes:

If I can get my fever below 101 ....

This will help your fever...

sign-Cowbell.130124930_std.jpg

I am sure they'll have one in the percussion section when you buy the Fender.

Top Bottom