WTB: Bruko Tenor

pluck

Reaction score
I want to try out a Bruko 12 fret tenor but the 59 Euro shipping fee from the factory to the US is putting me off. If anyone stateside has one that they would part with please let me know. I have a Mainland Classic Mahogany tenor in great shape I could trade if anyone wants to go that route. If I find a Bruko tenor the Mainland will probably go on the market anyway. Thanks.

If you want to order direct, get a second (or third :) )instrument at the same time. Even if you don't keep it, you can sell for less than a U.S. dealer and share the original shipping cost with your buyer - worked for me a couple of years ago anyway. I got a baritone and soprano and sold the soprano "at cost". Win-win - except for the U.S. dealer whose sale I stole. :nana:

That's not a bad idea. Not sure I can lay out that much cash at the beginning of Christmas present buying season. Maybe afterwards. I don't think there are many Bruko tenors here in the US but I thought I'd put this out anyway. Not really holding my breath. I suspect a 12 fret tenor is a pretty tough sell.

You can try a WTB over at FMM too: https://www.fleamarketmusic.com/marketplace/default.asp

The tenors are fairly rare. 12 frets and it's an odd scale, like 16.5" I think, so kind of an odd duck with all the other tenors on the market. I'm sure there are folks who like it for just those reasons but they're probably odd ducks too. Present company excluded of course. :cool: ;)

Give Mike @ UkeRepublic a call or e-mail, he is a Brüko reseller/dealer. He may be able to put a Tenor order in for you, can't hurt to ask...

Top Bottom