WTB: Ebony Tenor Pono

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is one listed on the Flea Market Music Marketplace ... but at that price ... you might as well buy it new!

Yeah I saw that. It's like really? I also can't stand the "5" editions with the extra abalone

I a be the "5" edition only because I bought the Uke Kimo demoed on the HMS site.

Have you seen the top of this uke? I'm not even sure how someone could do that kind of damage. I know Tommy Emanual plays his guitars and wears them out with his percussive technique.

This uke someone really dug into it. It's interesting to see the marks on the both sides of the uke. They either had very long nails or had it tilted at a funny angle. Maybe they played a particular percussive style.

It's way overpriced especially in its present condition. You could buy a new one for the same price or close to it.

Oh absolutely. I'm definitely considering buying new. Just looking around first since it's not big rush.
Thanks!

Have you seen the top of this uke? I'm not even sure how someone could do that kind of damage. I know Tommy Emanual plays his guitars and wears them out with his percussive technique.

This uke someone really dug into it. It's interesting to see the marks on the both sides of the uke. They either had very long nails or had it tilted at a funny angle. Maybe they played a particular percussive style.

It's way overpriced especially in its present condition. You could buy a new one for the same price or close to it.

Very true, he's asking for too much. Rather buy a new one as well: http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/pono/pono-macassar-ebony-cedar-pro-classic.html

Wow, it looks like he was letting his cat play that thing.

Unfortunately, I seldom see used Pono bari come up for sale. They seem to be a
'kept' instrument.

Good luck with your search.
Perhaps a holiday miracle will come your way. =)

These aren't THAT common ... and those that have them really like 'em ... and keep them.

I have noticed the pictures as per johnson's comments ... what the hell happened to THAT Uke? Just crazy!

These aren't THAT common ... and those that have them really like 'em ... and keep them.

I have noticed the pictures as per johnson's comments ... what the hell happened to THAT Uke? Just crazy!
That just shows how much they are loved!

That just shows how much they are loved!

Yes, so true. I am happy to have both of my Pono and would be hard pressed to sell either one.

Although a Pono for Pono trade should never be completely ruled out.
Right?

Pukin', unless you find a good scratch and dent or overstocked Pono, I think finding a used one for a good price is going to be hard to come by.
I don't want to burst your bubble and I do hope you find one; but like you said, "...they are loved." And it is hard to let something go if you love it.

BTW, Sam13 and JustinJ, honestly, what happened to that uke top? They look like strum marks-but why so deep?
Maybe they were using a hard, "heavy metal" style electric guitar pick? Or long nails? Perhaps a child was involved? Or they were just ignorant about how to strum properly.
Perhaps a luthier can chime in on their evaluation of the marks.

Whatever the case, that is crazy.

BTW, Sam13 and JustinJ, honestly, what happened to that uke top? They look like strum marks-but why so deep?
Maybe they were using a hard, "heavy metal" style electric guitar pick? Or long nails? Perhaps a child was involved? Or they were just ignorant about how to strum properly.
Perhaps a luthier can chime in on their evaluation of the marks.

Whatever the case, that is crazy.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you totally ... excuse me but WTH??!! ... I have never seen anything that trashed ... I know cedar is soft ... but that looks like he needed a pick guard or perhaps a metal Uke! :deadhorse:

yeah. I understand that finding one isn't easy but MAYBE that seller shouldn't contact me. Looks like a cat attacked that thing.

Definitely not in good shape, but really don't appear that deep into the wood - did any of you ever see a photo of the "corduroyed Pepe Romero"? What price range do you have in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom